Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 30, 2016

Memorial Day 2016
May 30, 2016



Ron was up early and left me sleeping.  We closed the office for the day, but he had things to do.  I woke up about 8:00 and ended up spending the rest of the morning dozing off and on in the recliner.  I did go out in the yard for a bit to fill the feeders so I could enjoy watching the birds.

Around 2:00 I fixed some lunch and Ron took a nap.  He also spent a little time in the yard, mostly moving the sprinklers (before the rain).  And then, don't you know how it is, it rained.  Then the sun came out and the sky cleared.  Then it rained again, heavier this time, and before long the sun came out making all the water drops on the trees and shrubs, glisten with the sun shining on them.

I spent time in the kitchen unloading and reloading the dishwasher, cleaning the counters a little and putting away some groceries from my shopping trip a few days ago that were still in the shopping bags.  I read for a while and then did a little cleaning in the sewing room.  Ron went to see his mom and spend some time with her.

Since the ground was soft after the rains, I spent a while out there pulling weeds.  I filled the feeders again.  The Chachalaca that had been on the fence the previous day, was on the roof of the house next door just wandering around.

It was a restful day and I think Ron and I both needed that.  It is the day when we honor the men and women who have died serving our country in the military and many friends posted on Facebook, photos of their dads, granddads, cousins, uncles, and spouses who served our country.
It was not a good day for a cookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment