Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5, 2016

Long Days and Short Nights
May 5, 2016

The telling of today's activities really has to go back to about 10:00 last night.  I think I mentioned at the end of yesterday's entry that about 10:00 our son called to say he had called his grandmother (Ron's mom) and she said she was about to call Ron.  It turned out she was having trouble breathing.  Ron went right over to her house and she had already gathered things she would need to go to the hospital.  He took her the the ER and they determined she had pneumonia.  They began breathing treatments, etc.

They decided to admit her to the hospital and then her blood pressure got high, so they wanted to get it down before sending her to a room on one of the patient floors.  For at least a couple of years, she has suffered with bone spurs on her back and can rarely get comfortable.  Some of the tests and scans being done in ER last night made that worse.  It was a very rough time for her. 

Ron came home about 3:30 a.m. after she had gotten settled in a room.  I had been up until well after midnight, but finally had gone to bed knowing he would stay with her as long as he felt needed.  This morning we were both up early and he left earlier than usual so he could go by the hospital before going to the office.

Knowing how tired he was, I offered to go to the office and open up but Ron said he could do it.  I got to the office about 9:00 and before long he went back to check on his mom.  He went again just after lunch and then later in the afternoon, he went to stay for a while.  That left me closing up and then I went by the hospital. 

At the office it was one of our busier days lately.  I spent a lot more time on my feet than I do on most days.  At the hospital, Ron's mother was in a good bit of pain from her back and had aches and pains, and discomfort just about everywhere.  She ate a tiny bit of supper, but really not much.  Her care giver came up to stay for a while so I left and came home. 

After eating some supper I had picked up on my way home, I spent a little time in the yard, but not too much.  The mosquitoes love me and I did not want to put spray on for the little bit of time I was going to be out there. 
Much of the day was spent sending messages to the family to keep them updated on Ron's mom.  I was able to use my Cochlear Wireless Phone Clip for a few conversations, but it does cut in and out sometimes and that is a problem.  Talked to and texted most of the kids today.  They all love their grandmothers and are all concerned about Ron's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment