Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27, 2016

Oh, My Aching Back!
May 27, 2016

The air is clean and clear after a few days of haze.

This morning if Ron tried to wake me before he left, he failed.  When I woke it was 8:30.  I got up and after a bit took my shower.  I bent over for a couple of seconds and could tell my back had just decided to rebel.  Ouch!  It has hurt for the rest of the day.  Ron suggested I stay home and I accepted his kind offer.  I spent the day in the recliner napping off and on - mostly on.  I did nothing.  I did not eat, sew, read, clean house.  I curled up and tried to be still.

Late in the day I told Ron if Mom called about supper, I would pick her up.  She emailed me and so we had supper together.  We went to Pepe's again and had a good supper with a smaller crowd. The restaurant was fairly noisy to still not be too busy.  We did use the Cochlear mini-mic.  It seemed to pick up sounds from the entire restaurant.  I could hear a lady 3 tables away.  I don't know if she was just extra loud or what.

After we ate and visited, Ron went to see his mom and I took my mom to get groceries.  While she shopped at Wal-Mart for groceries, I looked for something to kill the bugs on our plants in the yard.  Both Mom and I got what we needed and then I took her home.  On the way out of the parking lot at Wal-Mart there was a beautiful sunset and I stopped to take a couple of photos.

Once I got Mom home, I unloaded her groceries and then came home to unload my few purchases.  I spent the evening in the recliner again and talked to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico for a bit.  Her knee has been hurting a lot since she got home.  It makes my back ache seem minor.  I can still be up and about. 

It was nice I was able to be at home today.  I would not have been much help at the office.  Tomorrow will be a busy day so I need to be up early.  Looking forward to fun times tomorrow.  I will let you know all about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment