Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 25, 2016

Unexpected Pleasures
May 25, 2016

Every morning, Mom's helper/caregiver, picks some
 hibiscus blooms for bring in the house for Mom to enjoy.
This morning I was able to wake up more easily than some mornings, but ended up napping at the office a couple of times today.  Ron was in the office most of the day working on things customers had brought in for repairs and working on bids for jobs.  I got to the office about 10:00.  I have had a bad headache the last couple of days.  It is very hazy here and I am not sure if that is a factor or not. 

Customers seemed to come in clusters as often happens.  It can be quiet for an hour and suddenly there are 3 groups who need to be waited on all at once.  I worked on bookkeeping off and on all day.  Finally at the end of the work day I had a deposit to take to the bank and did that just before leaving.

During the middle of the day, I had an email from Mom saying Barbara and the kids would be at her house for lunch and could I join them.  I had already eaten by the time I saw the message but Ron said he could handle things so I went for about an hour.  It is always good to see them.  They are growing up way too fast.  What a treat that was in the middle of my day.

After work I went by Mom's to see if she needed groceries.  She still had some of the grandchildren and they were spending the night, so that took priority over shopping.  She sure loves to see the kids.  Barb had gone by the rehab hospital and visited Ron's mom during the morning.  I am sure that really delighted her.  I stayed at Mom's a little while before I left to do some grocery shopping for our house.  As I was leaving Mom's, we spotted a yellow jacket nest on the gate to her front deck.  I called Ron and asked him what I needed to do and he said he would take care of it.  I really appreciated that.  
Beautiful Boston fern around the birdbath at Mom's house
By the time I got home, it was after 7:00 and I had groceries to put away and supper to fix.  Ron was still not home since he had gone to see  his mother.  We had a very simple supper and thankfully I had taken care of things in the yard before going to the office this morning.  It was almost dark by the time I sat down to relax for a bit.

Talked briefly to our oldest son.  Again used the Cochlear phone clip and it sure does help!  He has been on vacation for the last week and goes back to his office tomorrow.  He had enjoyed the time off.  So glad they spent part of it with us in San Antonio. 
* All photos today are from Mom's yard.