Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 4, 2016

Today is Wednesday
No Matter What my Husband Says
May 4, 2016

This morning, Ron got me up a little early because he had an appointment today to get the results of his blood work that was done last week.  The street in front of our business was getting some repairs and I was not sure I was going to be able to get to the office.  I am glad for the repairs, but the last few days it seems most streets I was trying to use in our end of town were blocked.
As soon as I got to the office, Ron left for his appointment.  It was quiet while he was gone for most of the time.  I got a few things done.  His results were pretty good - nothing unexpected.  If you recall, on Monday I had to call my thyroid doctor to let her know my thyroid blood work was a little off.  Her office called me this morning and said the doctor wanted me to go to her office in Harlingen and pick up orders for more blood testing to see if the first one was correct and to see what is going on if it is correct.

After Ron got back from his doctor and after I had lunch, I drove to Harlingen and went to the doctor's office to get the orders.  The receptionist knew nothing about it.  I had to wait about 10 minutes while they found out what was going on.  Thankfully there is an excellent lab 2 doors down from her office and I was in and out in no time it seemed.  

Back at the office, I got the statements for April done.  I had several things to do during the afternoon.  Ron had asked if I wanted him to call our friends that we eat with on Thursdays.  I assumed he knew it was Wednesday and told him if he wanted to call, that was fine with me.  It was not until we were eating supper with them that Ron found out it was Wednesday.  He was sure it was Thursday.  After supper, Ron went to check on his mom.

When I got home, I spent about 30 minutes working in the yard.  I transplanted about 25 of the zinnias.  They are too close together and I need to spread them out and throw out the weak ones.  Around 10:00 the phone rang and I expected it to be our daughter-in-law in New Mexico and it was, but our son wanted to talk to his dad first.  We finally got to chat.  Her nephew had leg surgery today for a break he suffered in Spring football practice.  He says he is finished with football.

No comments:

Post a Comment