Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016

It Was A Beautiful Day
May 16, 2016



After the rains yesterday, this was an absolutely beautiful day.  The temperature was warm, but not miserable and the sky was a clear blue.  Around town the Royal Poinciana trees are blooming.  There are other flowering trees in bloom, but right now the Royal Poinciana trees win the beauty award hands down.

Ron woke me this morning just before he left to drop by his mother's room at the hospital, before going to the office.  The facility where she is, is not a regular hospital, but a long-time care hospital.  She is there because she is on a strong antibiotic and requires daily blood testing.  She hopes to go back to her house in a couple of weeks.

I was slow moving this morning and it was well after 10:00 before I made it to the office.  I helped some at the counter and worked on some papers on my desk.  I had a 2:00 appointment with the gastroenterologist for a regular check-up.  His nurse practitioner saw me today.

Ever since the doctor's offices have been forced to put all of their records on computers, I have been concerned that doing that could cause problems.  That happened today.  The nurse who did my vitals said she was going to have to take a patient history on me because the computers were messed up and they could not print out my information for the doctor to see. 

To give the nice young nurse all that information unprepared, took a little time.  She needed past surgeries, allergies to medications, current medications, medical conditions, dates on several things.  I keep a lot of that on hand, but there were a few things that I had to really think on. 

Then the Nurse Practitioner (the doctor's wife) came in and made a few notes and said they would see me in 6 months.  Something I really like about that doctor's office is that they do a pretty good job of staying on schedule and the visit did not take long. 

Back at the office, I did a little more paper work, caught up on reading Facebook entries, and left a few minutes early to come home.  I stopped on the way home to get gas for the car.  Once I got home I spent some time in the yard and then some time in the house looking for a few things I need to take to family members this next weekend. 

Supper was simple and I ate about 7:00.  Ron didn't get home until 9:00 after spending the evening with his mom.  He needed to talk to one of the head nurses about a couple of things.  For some reason they don't bother to ask if she has been active prior to the hospital stay.  Ron wanted them to get her up more.  She wants to do some walking and they aren't doing it.  They were only working on arm and hand therapy.  One hand is a little weak or painful.  I am not sure what is wrong, but she can't do the sewing or crochet work she has enjoyed doing. 

All in all, it was a good day.  I would like to spend more time outside but just haven't been able to do much of that.  I had planned to see a friend for breakfast tomorrow, but she had something come up that had to be done tomorrow, so we will try another day.  I will be keeping the two youngest grandchildren for a few hours later in the week.  We should have fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment