Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9, 2016

Another Day,
 Another Doctor's Appointment
May 9, 2016


Sunflowers under the bird feeders from dropped seeds.

This morning Ron said he would open the office, so I relaxed a little before going to the office.  I got there about 9:30 and started working on the bookkeeping chores.  There were a couple of errors and I had to figure out how to correct them.  Then I had just a light lunch and then went to Harlingen to see the thyroid doctor about the blood tests she had ordered to be redone last week. 

The second set of blood tests came up with the exact count that the previous one had and that means that the thyroid in not working as it should and I have hypothyroidism.  They need additional tests to find out why and what to do about it.  I am going tomorrow morning at 7:30 for blood work and at 2:00 for a sonogram of the pituitary gland.  The doctor was frustrated that I could not have an MRI or an iodine dye sonogram, because I am allergic to the iodine and having the Cochlear Implant prohibits the use of the MRI.
The grape vines are growing very well.
 
The visit was very stressful - not due to any worry about the tests or results, but for the doctor being so frustrated about what she can't use for diagnostic tools.  It is times like that, that the hearing loss becomes an added problem.  The Cochlear Implant and giant magnets do not mix well with each other.  I sometimes feel others getting frustrated with me because I can't hear well, or I can't sing, or any of a number of other things, but this is not a path I chose.  I would like to hear better or be able to have the most effective tests done, but I can't, so end of discussion. 

It was almost closing time when I got back to the office and I had to make the appointment at the blood lab - it is done on line.  The other appointment was made by the staff at the doctor's office.

After work, I went to Staples for ink for my printer.  I don't know how I allowed myself to be out of black ink!  I picked up a couple of other things before going to Rudy's Bar-B-Q to get smoked turkey for supper and for my lunch tomorrow.

I spent a while in the yard taking care of things and then read for a while.  I talked to our son and his wife in New Mexico.  We are looking forward to seeing them soon as well as some more of our boys and their spouses.  I think we are both ready for a break. 

Ron's mother is doing better and they are trying to make arrangements for her to go to a medical rehab facility for a while to continue some of the IV meds and to do some respiratory therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment