Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 8, 2016

Quilt Group Met
March 8, 2016



Red-winged Blackbirds

The quilt group met tonight.  There were only two besides myself here this time, but we had fun and some good discussions.  This morning I got to the office about 10:15, after spending some time in the yard at home.  The Red-winged Blackbirds are enjoying the food at the feeders.  At least they are keeping the Black-bellie Whistling Ducks away.  The ducks tear up the grass; the blackbirds don't.

At the office, I worked on odds and ends and waited on a few customers.  Ron was busy with phone calls and paper work so I tried to take care of customers.  After lunch, I paid some bills and sorted some papers for filing.

At 2:45 I left to pick up Mom to take her to the eye doctor for results on the field of vision test she had done recently.  The doctor had good things to say on all of the tests.  She is doing well.  We were there until a little after 5:00 and she was exhausted when we finished.  She decided not to try to go to quilting and I think that was a good decision. 

After I took her home, I came to my house and got ready for the quilt group and did some cleaning while I ate a quick supper.  During the quilt time, I worked on the quilt I started putting binding on yesterday.  I am now about 1/2 way around the quilt. 

After the group left, I returned a call to our son in San Antonio.  It is always good to talk to him and we had a nice chat.  He sure stays busy.  It is always good to catch up on what is going on at his house.  Again I used the Cochlear wireless phone clip as I talked to our son and it does make such a difference.

It was windy again today but not as bad as yesterday.  We are due to have a stormy night tonight and rain tomorrow.  We need it so that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment