Wednesday, March 2, 2016

February 29, 2016

Back to Work
February 29, 2016


Pied-billed Grebe

Monday morning came too soon.  It was time to get back to work and it was the end of the month.  I spent part of the day working on an end of the month deposit and did a little cleaning.  Ron was in and out a time or two.  I left a little early and stopped for milk and bread on the way home.  Ron said he was going to "crash" when he got home, so not to worry about supper for him. 

At home I spent a little time in the yard, checking on things.  Oh, I had gone out early in the morning before going to the office and found a dead opossum.  Ron teases me about the time I came in the house to get him to carry off a dead opossum that looked really strange.  He had a horrible expression on his face (the opossum, not Ron) and I could not imagine why he had that kind of look when he died.  Well, as you may have guessed, he was only playing opossum, he was not dead and when Ron went out there, it was gone. 

When I told him about this dead one, he asked if I was sure it was dead.  I said unless he could hold his breath for a long time underwater, he was dead.  Ron got rid of it for me. 

I spent time unpacking and clearing up the things we had brought home with us.  I was trying to get the sewing room ready for quilting on Tuesday night. 

During the evening I talked to our daughter-in-law for the first time in a couple of weeks.  She had been caring for her mother who had suffered a stroke but is recovering well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment