Saturday, March 19, 2016

March 18 & 19, 2016

Sleeping Like a Baby - My
Days and Nights are Mixed Up
March 18 & 19, 2016


One of my miniature roses.

The last few days I have been down with a terrible cold.  It has really messed up my sleeping patterns.  Thursday night I did not sleep at all.  I had been awake since noon the previous day.  There were things at the office that needed my attention, so I went to the office Friday, hoping to come home about noon, but it was almost 2:00 when I left.  I ate lunch as soon as I got home and was asleep by 2:30 and slept until midnight when I woke up and was up the rest of the night.
Seems like all my amaryllis plants are blooming at the same time this year.
 
We had a storm coming through with lightening, thunder, and rain.  It was nice to watch the lightening and I even put on my sound processor for a while to listen to the thunder.  I got back to sleep about 6:30 a.m. and slept until 9:00.  Ron was home so I fixed biscuits for our breakfast and took care of the feeders in the yard.
 Hibiscus blooming today
 
During today (Saturday) I have done very little.  Today is National Quilt Day so I should be sewing, but I have sorted some fabric and found a piece to use on the back of a quilt that is ready to go to the quilter.  As I looked through boxes and boxes of quilt fabric, I could not select a pattern to start making.  Of course I have so many quilts in progress that I should be working on instead, but it can always be fun to experiment with a new pattern.
 Lightening last night.  
It was pitch black, but it would light up the entire sky.
 
The birds have been active in the yard.  Ron has spent the afternoon working at the office.  So my day has not been too productive.  I am feeling better this evening but will not plan to go to church.  I get such bad coughing spells especially is I am around perfumes. 
 A smaller variety of miniature roses have started blooming.
 
One of our grandsons was having a birthday party this evening and I hated to miss but just did not want to pass on my germs.  Then this afternoon I got a text telling me the party was cancelled since several at their house are sick.
 Supper time for the sparrows once the flocks of Red-wing blackbirds left.

1 comment: