Friday, March 11, 2016

March 10, 2016

A Doctor Day
March 10, 2016


Gray skies and showers.
 
This day turned out to be a day with a morning doctor visit and an afternoon doctor visit.  Neither visit took too long, but the first was at 8:30 in Harlingen.  Where was my brain when I scheduled that?  Here it was a cloudy day with us having gotten about 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday and last night.  It went through a couple of light showers on my way to the morning appointment, but coming back the sky was clearing and you could tell how clean the air was.
Dark skies came off and on all day.
 
When I went to the afternoon appointment, again the sun was shining and there were some fluffy white clouds against a beautiful blue sky.  When I came out of the doctor's office an hour later, the was clouded over with very dark clouds to the east.  A day of constantly changing clouds.

The first doctor visit was just a checkup to see if a new medication was working and it is so she said to come back in a year.  The afternoon one was a followup on the x-rays of my hand last week to see why my finger was hurting so much.  The report came back saying that it showed mild arthritic changes in the joints of the fingers.  I have had a couple of bad flare ups in the past from that, but the pain usually goes away after a few months of being pampered.
 This is where we went for supper

Back at the office, I worked on the checkbook.  I had a fairly productive day and left a little early to go to the drugstore to pick up some prescriptions before meeting our friends for supper at a new place in town.  It is called Pepe's.

It is good to see the new restaurant is closed on Sundays and that they believe in honoring God.  Supper was very good and despite the fact that the place was crowded, the noise level was not too bad.  We were able to carry on conversations at our table.  I did use the Cochlear wireless mini mic and it worked well.

Once we got home, I relaxed with my Kindle and went to sleep early.  It had been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment