Friday, March 4, 2016

March 3, 2016

Supper With Good Friends
March 3, 2016


Flip Flop quilt in progress
When I got to the office, Ron was in the middle of working on an item for a customer.  It turned out that they needed it fixed before they left town in a couple of hours.  They were in a panic.  Ron had been swamped with customers all morning and was having trouble getting it done for them, so I took over the counter work as he continued the job for the couple.  Of course, it was one of those times I needed his help on several things.  He had a very hectic, frustrating morning.  He did get the job done in time.

When he finished he left on an errand and a job.  When he got back I had my lunch and then helped more on the counter.  Ron left on another job and it was very quiet.  I did get a lot done while he was out.
Little flip flop buttons in the corners of the squares
It was time to prepare a bank deposit but I didn't get time to take it to the bank.  I worked on more end of the month things.  When we closed, we went to meet our friends for supper at Texas Roadhouse.  The food was great, the noise was terrible.  I have decided that restaurants want it to be noisy.  Maybe if it is too noisy, people don't stay and visit after they eat, thus freeing up their table.

Once I got home I worked on a couple of quilts.  I trimmed the one that Dolores had quilted for me this week.  As always she did a great job.  The other one I was working on was the one with Flip Flops.  I got flip flop buttons to put in the corners of each square.  I got half of them sewed onto the quilt.  I kept sewing them on while visiting by phone with our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  She had the happy news that our son had received an award for his work.  That is a real accomplishment.  We are so proud of him and the work that he does.

When I decided to head for bed, I felt good about all I had accomplished during the evening.  I currently have six quilts waiting for binding.  I hope to get at least one done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment