Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 24 & 25, 2016

Spring is Beautiful
March 24 & 25, 2016



Spring came a little early this year, it seems.  Almost all of the trees are fully leafed out.  Flowers are in bloom every where you look.  The birds are plentiful and noisy.  It is a beautiful time of the year.  I would love to have more time to work in the yard.  I would love to have time to plant seeds for zinnias and other such flowers.  It is always a treat to me to have cut flowers in the house. 

Thursday I went to the office a little earlier than most recent days.  I did some of my own computer work much of the day.  At one point I took a package to the post office to mail for Ron, but that might have been the most productive action of the day.  I did wait on customers as Ron worked on locks for a customer.

In the evening we met our friends for supper at The Texas Roadhouse.  I love their food.  I am not crazy about their noise.  We had a good visit and enjoyed catching up.  My friend had brought some fabric for our granddaughters that I know they will enjoy.

In the evening I did some reading and a little sewing.  I went to sleep about 11:30.  We had discussed closing for Friday, but Ron needed to be at the office to receive a UPS shipment.  I decided to take the day off.  I woke up at 11:00 a.m. Friday.   Wow! 

Once I was wide awake, I went to Wal-Mart to get groceries, Easter treats for the grandchildren, and to do a little birthday shopping for a grandson.  I was there for 2 hours and then came home for Brunch.  I had not eaten before I went.

I did some sewing in the afternoon as well as some reading.  Ron needed to go to Harlingen with his brother so I picked up Mom for supper and we went to Pepe's, a fairly new Mexican Food place that we like.  Mom had not been there, and enjoyed all their decorations as well as the food.  The place is very tastefully decorated.  The owner came by our table and introduced himself. 

After supper I took Mom home and came home and worked on sewing the binding on the little Easter quilt for our youngest granddaughter. 

At supper Thursday night I used the Cochlear mini mic but forgot it Friday night.  I had taken some things out of my purse before going shopping to lighten the load.


No comments:

Post a Comment