Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 7, 2016

What a Windy Day
March 7, 2016

Isn't March supposed to be kite flying weather?  If you had tried to fly a kite here in Brownsville today, it would have ended up many miles to the north of us.  Winds were gusting to 47 this afternoon.  We finally had to lock the side door at the office to keep the chimes from going off continuously.  The door kept blowing open.

This morning I did a little work in the sewing room before heading to the office.  When I got there, Ron came to the car and asked if I had seen the text he sent me.  No, I had not.  My phone had been dead and I had it charging.  His text was to tell me to stay home because the power was out at the office and I would be too hot.

Since I was out and about, I went by the church to try to catch the bookkeeper so I could ask her some questions.  We had a nice chat and then I headed home.  At the house, I put away some of the fabric I had purchased in San Antonio and then cut the binding for the next quilt I am going to work on.

It was about 12:30 when I sent Ron a text to see if the power was still out.  He said it had just come on and since I had started warming my lunch, I told him I would come as soon as I ate.

At the office, I helped on the counter for a while and then worked on my desk a little.  I spent the afternoon just doing a few small chores.  After work I decided to go get a few groceries before I went home.  I got them and once home, put them away.  I had supper since Ron was staying late to work on his mother's taxes.  I got the binding sewn on the next quilt but still have the handwork to do on the back of the quilt, to hand sew the binding in place.

I was reading a good mystery so I didn't get a lot of sewing done.  I just have a small area completed.  I really need to focus on cleaning the sewing room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment