Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 23, 2016

My Boss Sure is Patient
March 23, 2016



This morning I got up early, spoke to Ron as he was getting ready for work, sat in the recliner to wait for him to be finished using hot water before I started my shower, fell asleep and woke at 10:00.  That means I did not get to the office until about 11:30.

Ron came in my office later and said, "Yesterday you got to work in time to take a nap, and today you got here in time to eat lunch."  I said, "I like this job!  Thank you."  Oh well.  I did wait on customers most of the day so he could do a lot of work on items that had been brought in for repairs, etc.

My cold is better, but I do get sleepy from the medications for the sinus problems.  It was one of those days where the doors to the business kept blowing open with the strong winds.  Ron finally turned off the door chimes but then I would not be aware a customer had come in and he would have to call me to come wait on them.

I did a little filing and general clerical things.  I did a bunch of printing of our invoices.  It seems there are always lots of things waiting to be done.

Ron was going to his mom's for supper with his mom and his brother who is here for a few more days.  I came home - my cough is still bad enough that I didn't want to risk giving it to her.  I don't think I am still contagious, but it is not worth the risk.  On my way home, I picked up supper for myself and ate before relaxing.

The yard was filled with the Red-winged blackbirds again.  There had to be at least 150 of them out there along with sparrows and doves.

Right after supper I had a call from our son in Dallas.  We had a good visit.  It had been too long since we had chatted.

A little later, I talked to our son in New Mexico.  I had seen on Facebook where they were using a snow plow to deal with the tumble weeds in his area.  The high winds are sending the tumble weeds everywhere and then they sometimes stack up on the highways.  We had a good visit.  He is finally feeling better after a bad bug he caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment