Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 30, 2015

Some Sad News 
on A Nice Day
July 30, 2015


I think I heard a few days ago that this full moon is known as a Blue Moon.
Tomorrow is actually the full moon night, so tomorrow night will be the Blue Moon.* 
 
It saddened me today to learn that a lovely young woman had lost her battle with brain cancer.  Her name was Linda.  Like mine.  She was named after me.  It seemed appropriate that she would be the precious flower girl at Ron's and my wedding a few years later.  Her older sisters were very close friends with my younger sisters and they chose the name.  That gave me a strong tie to this lady. 

For many years she lived in another state and we rarely saw one another.  The last time I saw her was not too long ago at her father's funeral.  The many years of brain cancer had taken a toll on some of the reaction times - her speech was slow, but her physical beauty was still there and her spiritual beauty was shining brightly.  You could see in her eyes her love of the Lord.  I know that she is now free of pain and walking on the streets of gold in Heaven.  She is probably singing a song of praise to the Lord.  She is probably talking rapidly to everyone she sees as she did in the years before the cancer began to do its damage. 

Her mother holds a special place in my life, because she is the lady who taught me to quilt.  What a wonderful gift she gave me as she taught her skills to me.  Tonight my heart aches for her, for Linda's children and all of her family, and for all who loved and prayed for her over the years.  What a ray of sunshine she was over those years.

My work day was fine.  I went in a little late to the office.  Ron was busy most of the day on jobs that customers had brought in for him to work on.  Around noon I went to Staples to buy a variety of office supplies.  My shopping took a while, but I think I got everything I need for now.  Back at the office, I had my lunch and then started sewing.  I got 4 border sections made. Ron left in the middle of the afternoon and did not make it back to the office the rest of the day.

After I locked up, I stopped by my mom's and some of the McAllen bunch was there along with some other friends.  After they left, I took Mom to get her groceries.  It had been a while since I had taken her to stock up since she was out of town last weekend.  I picked up a few things, but had done my shopping a few days ago.

After I took her home, we unloaded groceries (Carmen and I) and I helped Mom with one of her medications, and then went to Ron's mom's house where we were meeting for supper.
 Ron's mom
We had a delicious supper and a good visit with family there and then I excused myself to come home so I could do a few things before bedtime.  Tomorrow is one of those days where I get up at 5:00.  So I think I need to wrap this up.  
 I have a sister-in-law who is an outstandingly great, creative cook.   Yum, yum.  Good supper!
Such a delicious supper.  Thanks to the kitchen crew.


*A Blue Moon happens when we have two full moons in one calendar month.  Most years have 12 full moons, but this year has 13.  So the phrase "once in a blue moon" means something that doesn't happen very often.  The next time it will happen will be in 2018.  The color of the moon doesn't change (unless there is an atmospheric reason for the moon's color to appear to be different. (Dust in the air from a volcano can do that.)  If tonight's sunset is any indication, tomorrow's moon could appear red as soon as it rises as tonight's sunset looked.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment