Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 11, 2015

Celebrating a Wedding -
Two Weeks Later
July 11, 2015

The newlyweds.

A friend, the daughter of one of my quilting friends, got married 2 weeks ago in Corpus Christi.  They had a reception here in Brownsville, yesterday so that all their friends in this area could celebrate with them.  They made it like the reception they had in Corpus following the wedding ceremony.  There was a beautiful wedding cake almost the same as the one two weeks ago.  The tables were decorated the same.  The bride and groom were dressed as they had been at the wedding.  There were many special touches and we all felt like special guests.
Our daughter-in-law and our middle granddaughter
My day stated early with the allergy shots at 6:00 a.m..  Then at 8:00, I went to pick up Carmen to help clean my house.  We both worked hard for the first two hours and got so much done.  Then I left her working and I sat down to sew, trying out another color grouping on that new quilt block from a previous posting.  It is a quick one to assemble after it is cut out, and that doesn't take too much time.
 The new quilt experiment
Then I took Carmen back to Mom's and went to get my hair cut.  I stopped at a garage sale before the hair cut, and one after, and only bought one small item.  It has been a long time since I have been to a garage sale.  When I got home we got ready to go to the reception.  On the way, we picked up Mom so she could attend.  Our daughter-in-law, Barb was there with our 3 granddaughters.  It was fun to visit with them.

Cookies were on the tables with the couple's initial from 
their last name and a tag with their address.
Going to the reception was a difficult decision for me.  I really have so much trouble in crowd situations.  I decided to go and we were able to get a table in the back corner and it was not too bad.  I managed well until a group of children began playing around our table.  They were adorable kids so it was worth it to sit and watch them. 
 Our youngest granddaughter - growing up so fast.
As we were about to leave, the bride's father introduced me to the groom's father who has a hearing implant.  He has a Baha type device instead of the Cochlear.  He said that he didn't have a problem with volume, but rather with the clarity of words.  He got his 4 years ago and has good hearing in his other ear.  We discussed problems and they are the same: music doesn't sound normal, crowded situations are hard, etc.  Having good hearing in the other ear, he probably doesn't have trouble with direction of sound like I do.  It was interesting to talk to him.
Our oldest granddaughter. 
 I wanted this photo since she had done her own hair.
After we took Mom home about 4:15, we came home and I fell asleep in the recliner.  Ron woke me at 10:00 p.m. suggesting I move to the bed.  I quickly returned to sleep until midnight and moved to the bed then.  That is why this blog didn't get written until Sunday morning.  I woke at 3:30 and did some baking and writing.
My wonderful husband

No comments:

Post a Comment