Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3, 2015

To God Be the Glory
Great Things He Has Done
July 3, 2015


Friday night service
What a day!  It started with me trying to get the grandchildren up and moving after they were exhausted from helping take down decorations at VBS last night.  They were so hyper when we got home at 11:00.  They were hungry so we had pan cakes and they showed me how hungry they were!  It was 1:00 before the last of them fell asleep so that meant it was after that when I went to sleep.
Thursday night helping take down decorations everywhere except auditorium
Their Aunt picked them up about 10:00 to take them to South Padre Island for a few hours.  I went to the office.  I spent all day on bookkeeping chores and waiting on a few customers.  Ron did most of the work for the customers and I got a lot of paperwork done, but still have more to do.  I did feel good about all I got done during the day.
Granddaughter in play Friday night

I left the office a little early to go by Mom's to see if she needed any grocery items before the weekend.  She only needed one thing and I needed 2 or 3 so I ran to get those and returned to find our son and his wife there - the parents of the four children I have had part of this week.  We visited for a while and then I went on to the church for the VBS program and they came a few minutes later. 


The service was amazing.  There were songs, a play, photos from the week, announcements about contest winners, and 21 baptisms!  That is awesome, in a day and age when Christians are under attack in so many ways, here were 21 people who had decided to accept Christ as their Savior and to publicly follow the Lord in believer's baptism.  There were children, youth, adults; old and young; all colors; and all wanting to follow the Lord.  What a wonderful way to end the week.
 As it began to get dark, the crowd thinned.
Then following the service, there were games and food out on the church lawn and the turnout for that was excellent.  Hot dogs and sodas, bounce houses and slides, face painting and friend making.  The weather was perfect.  The sky had cleared, the mosquitoes must have been napping, there was a very nice breeze, and lots of happy people.


No comments:

Post a Comment