Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 28, 2015

Fun With Family
July 28, 2015



This was a nice day.  We didn't have to get up early and both slept until about 7:00.  That is late for us recently and we had a more relaxed start to our day.  After Ron left for work, I went out in the yard and filled the bird bath and watered the hanging baskets.  It was about 10:00 when I got to the office. 

Ron was in the office all day working on locks for a customer on Padre Island.  He has just about finished them.  I spent much of the day at the sewing machine in the office and got seven blocks made for the string pieced scrap quilt - now have 137 blocks.

About noon Ron had a visitor who stayed for a couple of hours, and I waited on customers as much as I could during that time, before getting back to my sewing later in the afternoon.  I took care of a few small bookkeeping chores, but that was about all.

I left work early and went by Mom's house to see how she was doing.  She seemed to be doing pretty well after her 3 day trip to Corpus to see my brother, but says her back is hurting some.  I visited for a while and then headed to our house where we were meeting some out of town family members so we could go to supper together.  We had a great time chatting at supper and then came to our house and visited for a couple more hours.  It was a good relaxing time and there were lots of laughs.

Hearing went well in most cases, but multiple conversations (in person or on TV) cause problems.  We did well at supper since the place was about deserted.  The same thing went for the time at our house; one conversation is fine - more is a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment