Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14, 2015

Breakfast for the Birds
July 14, 2015

Breakfast is served!

As I ate my breakfast this morning, the Golden-fronted Woodpeckers were already hard at work feeding the baby birds in the nest they have in the tree outside my sewing room window.  They worked hard to keep a steady supply of food going into the hole in the tree.

I enjoyed watching and photographing them.  The light is so much better in the mornings than in the early evenings as I have been using to take photos lately.  After taking some photos, I decided to leave them alone and do some sewing on the squares I had cut out last night.  I got 5 put together this morning, bringing my total on the blue and brown quilt to 20 squares.  There are 11 more cut out and waiting for me.

Once at the shop, Ron left on some jobs and I worked at the sewing machine.  I got 4 more squares done on the string pieced quilt blocks, bringing that total to 120 blocks.  I am getting close to having enough for that project.  I need to make more border strips.  I guess that will be my next project.

When Ron got back I ate my lunch and then left for a doctor's appointment.  I am really starting to feel like a hypochondriac.  About 45 years ago I was diagnosed with a Hiatus Hernia.  This is a hole in the diaphragm which can allow the stomach to push up through that hole.  One of the first symptoms is acid reflux.   That was particularly a problem during pregnancies.  Once the tests were done and I knew what the problem was, I just lived with it.  Normally, unless it is very bad, nothing is done about it.

Mommy Woodpecker out for a breath of fresh air
Lately, it has become a problem and so I went to the specialist.  He is a very nice man who grew up in the valley.  I liked him right away.  His staff was good: quick, courteous, and kind.  The doctor asked questions, listened to answers, and scheduled me for an endoscopy Monday at the hospital.  He suggested I go preregister following our appointment.  I left his office at 3:00 and walked next door to the hospital.  I finished there at 5:00.  That was not what I had planned for the afternoon.  Oh, well, it was easier to go right then to register than to make time another day to do it.  So, I need to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. Monday morning.
Looks like a grasshopper for breakfast.  Oh, boy!  
Leaving the hospital, I decided to go to the office to pick up my things.  I had sent Ron a message about 4:00 and told him to close the shop and go on the job he had promised.  He had decided to do that, but got back to the office just after I did.  He headed to finish the job (he had come back for supplies) and I headed to my mom's house to let her know what the doctor had said.
Mother Golden-fronted Woodpecker
It turned out Mom's helper had been at the doctor today and needs an MRI to follow up on some headaches and dizziness she has been having.  It was kind of an overwhelming afternoon.  Please be in prayer for Carmen (Mom's helper) to get the care she needs to see what the problem is. 
Mom and Dad Woodpecker talking about the joys of parenting, I guess.
As far as the hearing went, I did fine with the doctor - well, he had to repeat about 1/3 of the things, but he said he was impressed at how well I was doing with the Cochlear implant.  This was the first time I had met him.  His staff was all very good about taking my hearing situation into consideration.  At the hospital I told them first lady I talked to that I would like her to put a note on my chart that I was hard of hearing.
White-winged Dove
All of the staff at the hospital did well except the last lady who had a very strong Polish accent and I had to have her repeat a lot of things.  She was kind and efficient, but hard to understand.  During my time there, I had papers to sign, information to provide - over and over; blood pressure checks, weight, and an EKG.  They all said everything looked good, so I will be there bright and early Monday morning.
Same Dove - spent  a long time in the feeder.
It was 7:00 when I left Mom's.  I came home and fixed a light supper and then talked to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  We had not talked in a few days and had a lot of catching up to do.  Our son is across the country for a few days on business. 
Daddy Woodpecker taking citrus home to the family
Ron was late getting home.  He had supper with his mother and she was doing a little better this evening than earlier in the day.  So much is going on.  So much to be done.  So much I want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment