Friday, July 17, 2015

July 17, 2015

A Busier Friday Than Usual
July 17, 2015


Lately Ron and I have talked about how Fridays, especially in the afternoons, at the office are just about dead.  There are few people coming in.  Some of the governmental agencies close at noon on Fridays.  Often I feel tempted to take a nap because things are so slow.  Not today!  The morning was a little quiet, but I still had a nice number of customers.  Starting at noon, I put away the sewing I had done during the morning, because I didn't have time to touch it.

Since I had gotten up at 6:00 to do the allergy shots, I got a head start on the day.  I did not let myself get settled in the recliner where I might have fallen asleep, and I didn't get tied to the computer as I often do.  I worked around the house sorting laundry that I started doing tonight.  I cleaned the vent hood over the stove, removing the filter and really giving the whole thing, inside and out a good cleaning.  I baked muffins for breakfast and fixed a tuna salad to take for my lunch (and actually remembered to take it with me).  I filled ponds and bird feeders.  Still I managed to get to the office about an hour earlier than I have been lately.

Ron left before long to go up the valley on a job and to stop by and see our loved ones up there.  He didn't get back until mid-afternoon.  I cleaned for a while and made several spiders homeless by eliminating the spider webs.  Then I sat down at the sewing machine and made four of the border sections for the string pieced quilt.  Each section is about 12 inches long and I now have 8 made.  There are still a lot to be made.

The afternoon seemed to be filled with one customer after another.  Many had things I could not help them with but many made nice purchases and it was a profitable day.  Toward the end of the day I prepared a bank deposit and paid a few bills.  I went to the bank and the post office.  I will be out of the office Monday so there were a few things I needed to take care of today and I got them done.

Ron's Suburban has been in the repair place for a couple of weeks.  His radiator blew and it took them a while to figure out why and then  they had to fix it.  It was to be ready this afternoon, but past closing time for us, it was still not ready, so he told them he would pick it up Monday.

It was about 6:00 before I got to Mom's to pick her up for supper.  We went to Jason's Deli for supper and the food was good, but it was noisy.  I think I asked for everything to be repeated.  We had a good supper and good visit.  After that, I took Mom home and then I came home.  I started the laundry and the first load is now in the dryer.

There are no photos today, but I did have a green heron fly just in front of our car on the way to supper!  It was very close.  It sure surprised me.  As I mentioned, hearing at supper was hard.  At the office I did fine except with one male customer who was a very large, broad shouldered man, but had an extremely soft voice.  I had to have him repeat a couple of times.

I think I will turn in early tonight for a change.  I plan to be up early in the morning, so I think it would be a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment