Friday, July 10, 2015

July 10, 2015

A Quiet Day
July 10, 2015


The four squares I made today
Today, I was up early since Ron wanted to leave on a job up the valley a little earlier than the time I usually get to the office.  He left a little after 9:00 and was gone most of the rest of the day.  The first hour was very quiet with no customers, so I decided to sew.  As soon as I picked up the rotary cutter to cut some fabric, the steady stream of morning customers started.  After lunch, things slowed down and over the course of the day, I got four more of the string pieced quilt blocks made (bringing the total to 116), as well as trying out a new pattern for me.  It is one I had seen on a video on my computer a couple of days ago.
New quilt block I tried today
 
Ron was able to see our son and his family while he was in McAllen working today.  I am trying to not be jealous.  I took in several jobs while he was out, so he will have a busy time Monday morning.  A sweet young lady came by this morning to bring a bag of princess dresses for the youngest of the granddaughters.  She will be delighted!
Early this morning, I got the pockets moved in the purse I am remaking
They were too close to the top of the purse.
It really was a very quiet day.  I am trying to not spend so much time on the computer at the office and the quilt piecing helps with that. 
The only thing I still need to do is to put the binding around the top.
After work I went to check on Mom.  We usually have supper with her on Friday nights, but she wasn't feeling great, so I went to be sure it was just a minor, temporary thing.  She was doing OK.  Once I got home I had a quick supper.  Ron worked for a while at the office before he came home and he went to bed early. 

Tomorrow there are several things I need to do so I will try to get to bed before long myself.  As I said, "It was a quiet day".

No comments:

Post a Comment