Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 31, 2015

Good-bye to March!
March 31, 2015



March brought us over 5 inches of rain here in South Texas.  It brought a lot of gray skies and cooler than normal temperatures.  March brought me a lot of sewing time with our granddaughters and a little time working in the yard - very little.  The girls and I planted some flowers in logs and in hanging baskets.  It brought beautiful green new growth on trees and shrubs and an abundance of colorful flowers.

March brought ups and downs on Mom's health, but we seem to be on a definite upswing and I hope that continues. March brought Ron's sister to spend time with his Mom, giving him somewhat of a break. He still paid her bills and did her income tax report, but he knew day to day she was not alone.

In March I actually completed two quilt tops.  I just need to turn them into quilts now. I have experimented with some new quilt patterns; some I enjoyed, and some I didn't.  Spending time sewing is a mini-vacation for me.

March brought allergy testing and the start of allergy shots for me.  I am eagerly awaiting improved health with fewer allergy problems.  I know it will take time, but I am hoping for a good outcome.  I have spent hours in doctors' offices for me with the allergy situation and hours in doctors' offices with Mom, but neither of us had an overwhelming schedule of medical appointments.

Today I went to the office a little earlier than usual.  Ron had taken my car in to get it inspected before he went to the office.  Then he had a job at South Padre Island (or maybe it was Port Isabel).  He was out of the office for at least a couple of hours.  I stayed busy with a little cleaning and waiting on customers.  I did a little sewing and some bookkeeping.  Our computer tech helper called and checked out a problem I thought we had, but it turned out not to be a problem.

Mid afternoon, Ron said he was not going out again and I could leave.  I headed home to get ready for the quilt group.  We had a nice turnout.  There were seven of us in all and each one of use worked on our own projects.

 After quilting, Ron and I talked a while and then I talked to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  It is always fun to chat with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment