Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 19, 2015

Some Bunny Followed Me Home
March 19, 2015

What a day this has been.  For the most part, it has been a very good day. was very busy, jam packed with activities, and I am tired.  To start with I had a doctor's appointment at 8:30 at my General Practitioner's office with the Nurse Practitioner.  This was just a recheck on my medications.  Then in the same office I had a 10:00 appointment with the allergist for the second set of allergy shots. 

Before all that, though, I made a trip to the office because I thought I had misplaced a folder that the allergist gave me but it turned out she didn't give it to me.  She still has it and will give it to me after next Monday's visit.  In order to accomplish the early side trip to the office, I left the house at 7:30.  The first appointment was a little late and the second was a little early, so I got out of there about 10:30. 

Today with a lot of supervision, I gave myself the two allergy shots.  I did a better job on the second than on the first.  After the shots, I must stay at the office for a while and the allergist is a real talker, so I listened to her tell me all about her sister's wedding that will be this weekend.
Isn't he cute?
On the way to the office, I went ahead and picked up lunch since I had time for very little breakfast.  Ron and I stayed busy with customers and then about 1:00 he ran an errand for me and at 2:00 I left to pick up my mom for her doctor's appointment with a lung specialist.  I think at Mom's 92 years young, it was a toss up as to which was older, Mom or her doctor.  He was very thorough, kind, and efficient and we both liked him and his staff.

Mom sat there in the doctor's office answering one question after another from the lung doctor and I just sat there amazed since I could hardly hear or understand him.  Mom would occasionally turn to me to clarify a point, but she usually had to repeat the question for me. She did very well.  She introduced herself to the doctor when he came in and he said yes, he knew her.  He had treated her before.  She did not recall and later asked the technician running the tests if it was in the record.  He said no but that it was about 15 years ago. 

The appointment was for 2:30 and we left there about 5:15.  He gave Mom a couple of new prescriptions and some tests in the office and is sending her for blood work.  She will go back in two weeks.  These visits can be hard for Mom as they ask questions about things she does not remember from her time in Ft. Worth when all of this started last September.  During that time she was on so many medications for the fractured vertebrae, fractured rib, and pneumonia, and later a serious intestinal infection, she just doesn't remember that time in any detail.  I keep telling her to be thankful for that.  It was not a good time.  It was very hard with almost constant severe pain.  She is so much better now.
Mom's Amaryllis today
I took her home so she could get ready for a meeting at the church.  It turned out the meeting is tomorrow night.  I am so glad.  She wasn't up to sitting for a meeting tonight.  We went through all of Mom's medications again this evening.  So many of the pills look almost alike it is a challenge to keep them straight.  I filled the holder through this coming Sunday and hopefully my sister will arrive Sunday evening and we can go through them together to fill it for next week.

Mom is always up to going out to eat and so the four of us: Ron, Mom, Carmen, and I, met at Carl's Jr. for delicious burgers.  Ron was just coming back from a job in Harlingen so we agreed to meet for supper.  It was rather quiet and we all loved the food except that they aren't doing the sweet potato fries any more!  I love those things. 

Following supper I asked Mom if she and Carmen wanted to go with me to Michael's.  I wanted a Spring wreath for my front door and saw some silk flowers I love, so I bought them and asked Mom to make the wreath for me.  She has a lot more talent with flowers than I do.  She is going to work on it.  We three enjoyed the shopping time, but anyone looking at us probably did not think we were.  All three of us were exhausted.  Carmen had been to Mexico this morning and walked much of the day to get the things done she needed to do.  As we were leaving, Mom paid for her one small purchase and I paid for my things and started to walk off without my purse.  Mom and Carmen called me back.  I told Mom I would help her and she could help me!  My brain is on vacation.  I just wish it had taken me along.
This bunny just makes me smile
Besides the things for the wreath, I just couldn't leave without this precious little bunny and a couple of baby chicks - none are real!  I don't need anything else to clean up after, or feed.

My sister Janet hopes to get here Sunday night or Monday morning to stay with Mom for a few days.  She also wants to sew at my house.  We will work on some projects she has been wanting to do for a long time.  Hope Mom feels up to being here a lot.  We have a lot of work to do!


  1. Love the arrangement and the precious little animals!

    1. Thanks, Tiny. I did put some Easter eggs out after I took the photo. I just loved the little bunny and he was on sale at Michael's.

  2. I'm going to decorate for Easter this afternoon. Bunnies and eggs everywhere. Glad to hear that your mom is feeling so much better. By the way LaVerna Duck Hipp is on FB too. Remember all our laughs during our freshman days.

    1. Didn't know Laverna was on. I will try to find her. I saw her a few years ago at the rehearsal dinner of a friend's son. She was just the same. Love that girl! So much fun!