Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Did You Wear Green?
March 17, 2015

Oops!  I guess I should have chosen a photo
 with a lot of green, but I liked this one best.

Today I wore a nice green t-shirt.  I bought it a few months ago to have a photo transferred to it, but never got it done.  It dawned on me a couple of days ago that I should wear it today.  I can't remember when I have had a solid green shirt and I really like this one.  I should try wearing green again some day!  Many of my customers wore green.
Amaryllis buds almost ready to bloom
When I woke up this morning (later than planned) one of the first things I did was to open the curtains in the sewing room.  The photo below is the first thing I noticed.  This hibiscus bloom (and the one at the top of the page) were turned toward the sewing room window like they were peeking in.  I showed Ron and he said they always turn to the light and there was more light in my sewing room than outside recently.  It continues to be rainy.
After getting ready this morning, and working on yesterday's blog for a while, it was time for me to go to the doctor's office for the first of my allergy shots.  My appointment was at 10:00 but I think it was about 10:30 before I was called in.  It was 11:30 before I was finished.  It turns out I get 2 shots every two days.  One is for molds and things like that.  The second is for air borne allergies.  The allergy specialist worked with me to teach me the things I will need to do to be able to give myself the shots at home each time. 

The session went fine except that shortly after we started, I got to coughing a lot.  I asked her for a cup of water and she was gone for 10 minutes or so.  The coughing stopped while she was gone.  I am now wondering if she has a cat or dog and could have caused my coughing.  The reaction was how I usually am when I am in a home that has a dog, I started losing my voice.  Hmmmm......

Since it was almost noon, I picked up lunch on the way to the office and then shared it with Ron when I got there.  Shortly after that, he left on a job for the rest of the day.  I had a very busy afternoon with very little time to sit down before needing to return to the counter for another customer.  It was a good day in that respect - and probably in most respects it was a good day.

Usually when I have quilting at our house, Ron tries to return to the office early so I can leave early.  Maybe since I did not get there until noon, I was not really aware of how late it was getting and it was almost 6:00 before I left the office when we normally close at 5:15.  I was busy working in my office on a deposit and some bill paying and several customers asked what time we close.  I guess it was after 5:15 and they wondered why I was still open.  I had hoped to go to the post office and the bank but only made it to the post office and missed the pickup.

The Mexican Love Vine
There was one other stop I needed to make on the way home and it was almost 6:30 before I got to the house.  I needed to take care of some things in the yard and I had spotted a chachalaca in the yard and hoped to get a photo, but he hid somewhere I guess.  They are noisy birds.  Ron had mentioned hearing a very loud bird this morning so maybe that was also the chachalaca.  When I came in, I spotted a yellow warbler on the waterfall.  All I was able to get quickly was a blurry photo.  I hope it stays for a while.  I want to tell him that there is still too much snow up north and he should stay.

There was not time for supper before the quilters came so I grabbed a quick snack and had supper after they left.  It was Show and Tell time at quilting again.  A couple of the ladies really turn out a lot of projects!  Not me.
 This is a quilt top my friend Patty has made in the last couple of weeks. 
This evening before the quilters arrived I thought about the fact that I don't finish the things nearly as quickly as I plan and wondered why.  Then I recalled that for the last two weekends my granddaughters have taken over the sewing machines in the time I might have been sewing.  I quickly realized that I would not have it any other way.  Is it more important for me to spend time with them and teach and encourage them, or finish another quilt for them to go in their house that is overflowing with quilts?  That is such an easy answer.  The time with them is precious and more so than ever as they continue to plan their move to a town about 70 miles away.

The quilts I am working on can wait.  The girls are growing up so fast.  Before I am ready, they will be grown and off to have families of their own and I hope they make quilts for them.  I hope I am still around to make quilts for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment