Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14, 2015

Can You Hear Me Now?
March 14, 2015


Rose at Mom's house yesterday
Do you remember those TV commercial from a few years ago where the cell phone guy is walking around speaking into his cell phone saying, "Can you hear me now?"  That is still how my life on the phone is going.  I need help hearing on the phone and often the caller is saying, "Can you hear me now?" 
The same rose today - open a little wider.

The most recent conversations with a couple of our sons, were frustrating.  A caller this evening called Ron's cell and he passed information back and forth.  It is so hard not to just be able to pick up a phone and make a call.  Thankfully Ron is willing to make calls for me, but there are so many times I would like to just "visit" with someone on the phone and it is just too hard. 
Amaryllis buds ready to open at Mom's house. 
 Last year mine were about 3 weeks ahead of hers.

This morning Ron got me up early and then headed out.  In a while he sent me a text that I saw since I was expecting it, but then he called to be sure I had seen the text and that was hard.  He repeated the statement about 3 times before I understood.  Our newest daughter-in-law and I exchanged several texts this morning about her first visit to a quilt show, which she did yesterday afternoon.  She enjoyed the things she saw.  It was fun to read her impressions for that first visit, but it would have been more fun to hear it on the telephone.

When Ron left, I put on my sound processor, but I was still sleepy, so I curled up in the recliner with the ear with the Cochlear sound processor "up" so I could hear the phone.  Around 11:30 I left to go check on Mom.  She was still sleeping and I woke her to encourage her to get up and have some food.  She had slept soundly all night and morning.  Carmen fixed her some food and we visited before I took her shopping list and went to get her groceries. 
Mom started these from seeds a week or two ago.

While at the grocery store I got a few things for us, too.  I also stopped by the pharmacy and got the correct size needles for my allergy shots which start Tuesday.  I took Mom's groceries to her and then brought mine home to put away.  It was 2:30 before I got some lunch and then Ron and I spent a little time in the yard.  He hung a birdhouse for me.  I checked on the plants the grand daughters had helped me plant last weekend.
Mom loves the view out her patio door.

I sewed a little and read for a bit.  It was a lazy afternoon.  Around 6:00, I went back to check on Mom.  She was sleeping and I got her up and suggested she eat something.  We visited a while and then I returned home to fix supper at my house.  Ron ended up not eating - probably snacked while I was gone. 
A small rose blooming at Mom's
While at Mom's I took the photos in this blog.  Mom always has a nice yard.  She was a charter member of the West Brownsville Garden Club many years ago and does love to work in the yard, but she just can't do that much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment