Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April 1, 2015

Do You Play April Fool's Jokes?
April 1, 2015




April Fool's Day has never been a favorite of mine.  I don't like to be made to look foolish and I don't like to do it to others.  I don't have the imagination to come up with elaborate jokes and just don't think that I want to embarrass others.  Growing up, Dad would wake us up on April Fool's Day telling us that it had snowed.  We usually were eventually convinced until we looked outside.

Maybe the air conditioner repair place was playing an April Fool's joke when they brought my car back to the office just a couple of hours after Ron took it in and said it was fixed.  A couple of hours later he took it back and let them try again to fix it. 

Before going to the office, I went in the backyard briefly and the mosquitoes were aggressive again.  I had bites all down one arm by the time I got back in the house.  I was not out long but apparently it was a little too long.

Being the first of the month, it was my busy day.  I did all the posting, balanced the account and printed the statements for our customers.  I attached the copies of their invoices and gave them to Ron to check.  He then got them in envelopes for me and has them ready to be mailed.  This was a better month than the last couple and that is nice.

When I arrived at the office a salesmen was there representing one of our suppliers.  This man started in outside sales with their company about the time I started working at the shop over 25 years ago.  He never changes.  He complains that we don't buy enough from him.  He complains that we don't travel 600 miles each way to their trade show every year.  He complains about a lot.  I like our UPS man who says when I ask how he is doing, "I can't complain.  It is against the company rules."

I waited on customers most of the morning and early afternoon.  Ron was out on jobs.  Once he was back so he could wait on the customers, I was able to get the bookkeeping done fairly quickly.  It was a good day.  After the mail arrived I prepared a bank deposit and took it to the bank.  I found that many customers were wishing me a Good Easter Weekend.  People were in a good mood today and very kind.

After work I went by Mom's house.  She was up working at the computer.  We had a nice visit and then walked in her backyard to discuss the removal of some plants.  She feels they are creeping away from the fence and taking over the backyard.  She wants to reclaim it.  We talked about how to have some trees trimmed hoping to allow more light into the yard so the grass will grow better. 

On my way home and stopped and picked up fresh tortillas to make enchiladas for supper.  They must have been pretty good.  Ron almost cleaned out the baking dish.  It had been a while since I had made them.

As I turned toward our house on the way home, I looked up to see this beautiful view of the moon shining in the early evening sky while it was still daylight.  God has created amazing beauty in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment