Friday, March 6, 2015

March 6, 2015

Three Cheers for Friday!
March 6, 2015


One of the fabrics in the quilt in progress

There are so many of you out there reading this who work much harder than I do, but I must confess, I am delighted it is Friday!  This week, being the beginning of the month is the busy time for me.  Much of the bookkeeping work got done quickly this week, but I could not finish it until the bank statement came.  It arrived late this afternoon and thankfully I had already entered all of the checks and deposits in the checkbook in the computer.  It did not take too long to balance the statement, but took a little longer to tie up some loose ends in the actual check register.  By the time that was all done, it was time to go so I will still need to put all the things together to mail to the accountant on Monday.

This morning I got up early and made Ron's coffee and woke him up.  After he left for work I had breakfast, showered, dressed, curled up in my recliner and went to sleep.  It was 11:30 before I got to the office.  I had told Ron I might not come in until about 10:30 or 11:00.  I am glad the boss likes me. 
Kid print fabrics from the quilt in progress
After I ate lunch, Ron went out on one job and then came in to work on the locks he took off.  While he was in the office, I took a deposit to the bank and as often happens I just could not understand the teller at the drive-up window.  The teller was a young man with a weak voice, and I finally figured out he was trying to tell me they were out of pennies and so I couldn't get the rolls of pennies I had requested. I really struggle to hear at drive up windows.  At food places I try not to use them, but at the bank they are the best choice.

Back at the office, Ron had finished the locks and he went back out on that job and another and it was almost closing time when he returned.  While he was out, the man from the carnival who placed an order early in the week came to pick up the order.  He and I talked about my hearing and his grandchildren.  Cell phones can be great for sharing photos and he had some of all his family. 

Fun fabrics
We met our friends for supper and as always had a good time visiting with them.  They are doing some work on their house and I sure were as ready for a relaxing supper as we were.  When I got home I had a beautiful card from one of the Winter Texan couples who could not come south this year and it sounds like they are really missing our weather compared to their weather.  While we complain about our weather, they have had huge amounts of snow and -5 degree wind chill temperatures.  We look forward to them returning next winter.
Tumbler quilt #2
This evening I have been working on the second of the two tumbler quilts.  I now have all the pieces cut for the second quilt and hope to start putting it together tomorrow morning.  I had invited a couple of the granddaughters to spend the night and then spend tomorrow sewing, but they have a piano judging   tomorrow morning and will come over after it is over.  They will spend Saturday night here. 
There are so many cute fabrics available!
There was some exciting news this evening - the girls' basketball team for our church school won a playoff game this evening and will play for the state championship in their division tomorrow evening!  We are so proud of them!  Good job, Crusaders!
I thought I would use this fabric from the quilt to close tonight 
in honor of the Crusader Girls' Basketball team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment