Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 15, 2015

It Is Raining, AGAIN!
March 15, 2015

This is known locally as the Mexican Love Vine

The rain started during the night and it has rained all day.  Most of it has been light rain, but at this point, any rain makes for standing puddles all over town.  We have had well over 4 inches this month and the rain will continue tonight.  I had Ron drill holes in the log planters yesterday to allow some drainage.  The plants in them are water logged - no pun intended.
 The snap dragons are blooming well
This morning we could tell we are still not comfortable with the time change.  All but about 6 class members were running late, too.  We had a good bunch in class and good discussion as we are doing a series on the Minor Prophets in the Old Testament.  We have a great bunch of people in our Sunday School class and enjoy our time together studying God's Word.
 More Snap Dragons   

In church one of our granddaughters sat with me and in a while one of the grandsons joined us.  I love sitting with the children.  Our daughter-in-law was not there this morning but did join us for lunch later at Wendy's.  We stayed for a couple of hours, visiting and enjoying the children.
 Amaryllis buds.  They should start blooming in a couple of days.

Before going to lunch our son needed to go pick up his wife and so Ron and I went to check on Mom.  We had some of the grandchildren with us so he stayed in the car with them while I checked.  She was a little better, but had not been up so I told her to get up and let Carmen get her some food.
After we had lunch at Wendy's, three of the grandchildren came home with us for a while.  They just relaxed and had fun.  It was nice to have them here.  Our oldest granddaughter and I went out in the yard to fill ponds and feeders and check on the flowers they helped me plant last weekend.  Many of these photos are of those plants.


The children had to be back at the church at 5:30 for activities.  I took them while Ron went to his mom's house.  After the children went to their activities, my son and I sat in the car and visited for a while.  It was good to be able to talk to him one-on-one and to be able to hear what he was saying.  When the children are around, they often drown out his voice (and everyone else's).
Sunflowers under the bird feeder from dropped seeds.

When I left the church, I went by Mom's to check on her and then to Target to do birthday shopping for one of the grandsons who will be 8 tomorrow.  Speaking of ages, recently I said the older girls are 10 and 12.  The older one was pulling my leg when I asked her how old she was.  It turns out that they are 9 and 11.  Can't trust anyone these days!
Granddaughter filling one of the ponds

On the way home I made a stop at Walgreen's for milk and bread and a couple of other things.  Once home, Ron and I talked for a long time.  There is so much going on all throughout the family and we just needed to catch up.  It was 9:00 before I fixed supper and am now ready to go to sleep so I can be up and ready to go to a birthday breakfast in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment