Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 22, 2015

First Sunday of Spring
March 22, 2015


This is on one of two rose bushes that I gave Mom for her birthday last month.

So far, Spring is beautiful!  Today we had only a very light misty drizzle during the morning.  It is the first time for a while that rain has not been in the forecast for the next few days.  The mosquitoes are huge, hungry, and horrible!  There will be no working in the yard right away.

We both slept later than intended this morning so we really had to hurry to get ready for Sunday school and church.  We had a good bunch in class but a few were absent.  The church service was very well attended and it was good to see some friends who had not been there in a while.

During our service we have a time for greeting one another and I hesitate to introduce myself to new people because I have so much trouble hearing them when everyone around us is chatting.  I decided to introduce myself to one man this morning and even after he told me his name 3 times, I have no idea what it was.  That is frustrating.  I will try again before the service next time.

Usually I go pick up Mom between Sunday school and worship service, but Carmen had texted me a message that Mom did not feel like going today.  I went over anyway at the regular time just to check on her.  She was a tiny bit better, but not up to going to church.  We visited for a while and I took care of some things on her medications.

My first Amaryllis bloom this year.
Back at the worship service it was good to see almost a full house.  The music was good and I could actually sing along on two or three of the pieces.  The sermon was another good one in the pastor's current series.  We all laughed when he said that just before he went up to preach, his wife told him he better keep it short because she was freezing.  The air-conditioner the last 3 weeks has been a little too cool for many, but I love it - just right for me!  He laughed and gave her his suit coat to wear.  We all laughed at his sharing of their conversation and he apologized for not being in a suit since she had his jacket.

Our middle granddaughter took today's lunch photos.


We went to our usual hamburger hangout for lunch with our son's family.  We had a good time and a great visit. 
 One of the boys didn't want to smile for the camera  today.
Those beautiful long fingers do a great job on the piano.
We all know that kids can say things that really make us laugh and our youngest granddaughter is an expert at it.  She is three and this morning when her mother dressed her she was not pleased with the choice of dresses.  She  said it was a man's dress.  What it was is that it was a plaid flannel.  I am sure she thought it was made from one of Ron's shirts.  Once her mom told her she could wear black tights with it, she agreed to wear it.

Here she is in her "man's dress" as she is eating her chicken tenders.
She can be so funny!  She was happy that today she got to sit with the big kids for lunch.  The food was good and the conversation was great.  We didn't stay as long as usual because the kids had some projects to work on.  
The second of the rose bushes that I gave Mom last month
After we got home, Ron left to go to the office and try to finish the taxes.  He had gotten most of it done the day before, but I had reminded him of something he had left out so he was re-doing them.  He could not locate one of the papers he needed so I went to the office about 5:00 and looked for it but also could not find it.  From there I went to Mom's and set up her medications for this week.  She was feeling much better than she had been in the morning and she had her smile back.  That was good to see.  Just before I left she walked out in the yard with me to see her roses.  Both plants I gave her are in bloom.  Here is the other one.
Before I went to the shop to look for the papers for Ron, I had sewn for a little while.  I made these 4 small blocks to put together to make the star.  They are all scrap pieces in what is called a string star block.  It was interesting to work on but I am not sure I am interested in making anything very big with it.  I may try 4 more of the small squares before I decide.  When more of  them are joined, they form a secondary diamond pattern.  It is always fun to experiment.
I just need a few more hours in my days!


2 comments:

  1. You did good on the roses...they are beautiful! this weekend, I got squares and rectangles cut for the pattern you gave me and for an illusion quilt. Half the red and white is still on the wall. Nothing like working on three projects at once! I'm at the lab today getting my dose of go juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you can work on three projects at once! I have several going and the design walls are getting full. So many ideas, so little time.

      Delete