Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18, 2015

Taking a Sick Day Off from Work
March 18, 2015

During the night last night I woke up with an upset stomach.  Nothing I had eaten was out of the ordinary.  I suspect that it was a reaction to the two allergy shots I got yesterday morning.  I am scheduled for two more tomorrow morning, so I will talk to the allergist before getting the shots and see if she wants to stick to the same dosage as yesterday or go up to the next dosage.
Another hibiscus bloom faced the sewing room this morning and was covered with raindrops.  It rained off and on all morning and then there was a good shower this afternoon with the rain coming down fairly hard for a brief period of time.
Rain falling on the resaca out back of the house.

When I woke this morning I was still feeling bad and I asked Ron if he had scheduled any jobs out of the office for the day and he had not.  I told him I would take some Benadryl which is suggested for any reaction to the shots, and then I was going back to sleep.

I took the Benadryl and went out to fill the bird feeders and birdbaths.  Then I curled up in the recliner in the sewing room and slept until almost noon.  I was better when I woke up but still not ready to eat anything, so I let him know it would be later than expected before I would be at the office.  He suggested I just stay home and I gladly accepted.

I enjoyed watching the birds off and on during the day.  This Great Kiskadee (photos at top of page and below) posed nicely for me.  Only one other time have I seen the yellow on the top of the head of the bird.  It is obviously mating time.  He is a good looking bird.
I see why I keep having to replace the liners for the hanging baskets.  
In the photo at the top of the page, you can see that 
the Great Kiskadee removed some for nesting material.

It was 3:00 before I ate lunch and started to do a few minor things around the house.  I did laundry and then did some sewing.  I am thankful I was able to stay home.  At the office I could have functioned, but would have fought sleep all day as well as discomfort.

Our daughter-in-law Barb had invited us over for supper and so I left the house about 5:15, stopped at the bank to make the deposit I didn't get made yesterday, and then went to Mom's house to pick her and Carmen up to go to supper.

While waiting for them to get ready I took some photos of the Red-winged Blackbirds on the feeders in the backyard.  From there I went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of items Barb had asked us to bring.

This Tufted Titmouse seemed to think he was a woodpecker.  
He checked out the woodpecker's home and
 then started pecking on another part of the tree. 

Once at their house, we saw the kids and chatted with them.  The four oldest were getting ready to leave for the church.  The two oldest boys had youth group activities and the two oldest girls had Children's Choir practice.  When it came time for supper our son had not been able to make it; he was still at work.  The rest of us sat down to a delicious meal with the three youngest children providing dinner table conversations.  They were all hyper tonight.

During supper, I had to readjust the settings on my Cochlear Sound Processor.  I use a remote control device to do that.  Interestingly, our son mentioned Sunday at lunch after watching me make a change in the settings, that someone should provide a phone  app for that function.  There is more to it than just changing the volume, but it is an interesting concept.  I would change it more often if it could be done that way.
 Mom's Amaryllis is blooming beautifully.
Last year it was about 3 weeks behind mine.  This year it is ahead.

Carmen baked a banana cake for after supper and we had a good visit.  Jeff and Barb continue to house hunt.  They have some more viewings scheduled for later this week.  Around 9:00, I took Mom and Carmen home and came home to relax and chat with Ron about his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment