Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4, 2014

No Broken Bones
November 4, 2014


Making a list, checking it twice, packing, loading...

This afternoon I returned to the doctor's office for the results of x-rays taken a week ago.  I know that is really ridiculous, but that is how long I have waited for the x-ray results.  This seems to be the future of Obama care.  We had been going to this small General Practitioner's office for almost 2 years.  He told us recently he was relocating to Houston, so we decided to give the replacement a try.  Today I saw a P.A. (Physician's Assistant).  In some cases, that is OK with me, but not in all cases and then I want to know what they are - not a doctor; nurse, PA, technician?  She began to ask if I was doing assorted things for the damaged foot.  I said no to all her questions.  I told her I came in a week ago for an x-ray and was given no instructions, no suggestions on pain relief, etc.  She said I should have been.  I agreed with her.  Any way, she wanted to order a special orthopedic shoe for me.  I asked why now and why not a week ago when it hurt more than it does now.  Not a good visit.  They want me back in a week.  Why?  I am not real sure.

I spent part of the morning at the house doing some cleaning and started gathering clothes for the trip.  Then I went to the bank and another errand or two.  It was getting close to noon when I got to the shop.  I had some checks to write and Ron left on some errands while I did that.  Then it was time to go to the doctor.  When I finished there, I went to pay a bill, shop a little and then return to the office to pay a couple of other bills. 

After I left the office, I went by Mom's and then Ron and I met friends for supper and had a good visit.  We knew we wouldn't be able to eat with them Friday night as usual.  From there I went to do a little more shopping.  My earlier shopping had not been productive, but the evening shopping was fine.  I got some things I needed and it was about 8:30 when I got home.  I hated that it was so dark at 6:45 when I left our supper time.  It made me feel like it was 8:00.  It was drizzling some this evening, but not much.  Should get rain tomorrow or tomorrow night.

I still have a few things to do like cutting squares from this beautiful fabric for the table toppers.  I am half way through with cutting them.
Some of the things to be loaded in the car

Today I switched to a different Cochlear Sound Processor than the one I have been wearing since our last trip to Houston.  The audiologist suggested I not rotate using them, but to stick with one.  I had more trouble with the one I used today.  I did have to laugh when one customer came in while Ron was busy, so I helped the man.  After I answered his question, Ron asked how I could understand the man because he couldn't understand anything the man said.  I told him the guy was very soft spoken, but spoke slowly.  (Hint, hint).  Better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment