Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 29, 2014

Celebration for a Three Year Old
November 29, 2014
 

Last night was a very rest - less night for me.  I only slept 3 or 4 hours.  I fell asleep in the recliner for a couple of hours, was then awake until about 4:30, and then got up about 6:30.  I was able to get a shower and put a load in the washer and a couple of other chores before my housekeeper came.  She worked hard and I worked for another hour or so in the house before going outside to do some work in the yard. 

Once Ron got home, I left to do a little birthday shopping and to get some office supplies.  I managed to get my errands done and was back home about 1:30.  I had lunch and then napped for about an hour.  At one store, I was able to have a good conversation with the clerk who was waiting on me.  She was friendly and it was nice to just chat with a stranger.  While I was out, Ron got the big Christmas tree set up in the living room.  The grandchildren will probably decorate it while they are here tomorrow afternoon.

A little before 5:00 we went to our son's home for his youngest daughter's birthday.  They had rented the bounce house at the top of the blog posting for today.  Then just before party time it started raining very lightly.  The children played out there some, but for very long since it was wet inside.  It was a little cool, but not too much for the kids to play and have a good time.

There were about 10 adults at the party and 14 children.  A delicious meal was served that pleased children and adults: Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, potato chips, potato salad, and a salad tray.  There were cupcakes for dessert. 

Most of the adults went to the dining table to eat, but one friend and I stayed on the couch to visit as we ate.  I could hear much better one-on-one than at the table filled with conversations.  As the birthday girl opened her gifts, she wanted to try on some of the clothes and settled on this outfit (pictured above) for the rest of the evening.  She wanted a dress that "twirls" when she spins around (a full skirt).  She was a happy girl!

After we got home, I spent time on the computer and then on the phone with our son in New Mexico.  I hope tonight will bring a restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment