Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 18, 2014

Quilt Group Starts up Again
November 18, 2014


White Ibis
The quilt group that meets at our house on Tuesday evenings has not been able to meet much this fall.  I was out of town so often and one of the other regular attenders has been out of town on an extended trip, so we were glad to be able to again get together this evening even though there were only three of us. It was good to talk about ideas, purchases, quilt shops visited, and projects in progress. 
Cormorants, Snowy Egret, and White Pelican
This morning I woke feeling good and I was awake just before my alarm clock went off.  I got up and got several things done, ate, made my lunch, washed my hair, and by 8:30 I was ready to go back to sleep.  It took effort not to fall asleep and to instead, get ready and make a stop at Wal-Mart on my way to the office.  Timing was good as they had just put out some affordable poinsettia plants and I got 3 for the office.
White Ibis
Shortly after I arrived at the office, Ron left to go on some jobs and was gone for several hours.  I worked on some more filing in my office and looked for those missing papers.  No luck so far, but got some other things accomplished.

I left the office early and went by Mom's to get photos of some things for her Physical Therapist to see so she can best know how to help Mom prepare to manage in her own settings.  On the way, I stopped at the resaca near her house and took photos of some birds.  After I finished at Mom's, I went to another resaca and found some beautiful White Pelicans there.  I had seen one in the resaca near Mom, but it did not want to pose for me.

White Pelican that did want to pose
From there I went to pick up supper and lunch for tomorrow and then went home to do a little cleaning before the quilters arrived.  We really did have a good time. 
White Pelicans and Sea Gulls

2 comments:

  1. Guess I would be the only one wishing for pictures of the quilters instead of the birds!!!
    Great Picts of the Pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I should have taken photos of them, especially Pattie in a shawl she has made from very tiny yo-yo pieces. So colorful. I will try to get one soon.

      Delete