Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

Beautiful Evening Sky
November 24, 2014

Sunset this evening
This seemed like a very long day.  I woke about 5:30 and didn't really go back to sleep after that.  I was sleepy, but just couldn't get to sleep.  I did get up about 6:15 and started getting a couple of things done.  I needed to be at the dermatologist's office at 9:00, so I got dressed and then spent a little time on the computer before going to my appointment. 

One of the joys of getting older is having to have a medical professional check the assorted spots that appear on our aging skin to tell us if we need to worry about them.  I had several spots that he froze and one that he took a sample for a biopsy.  He doesn't seem worried about it except that what he has been giving me to treat it is not working so he wants to find out what is going on.  In the meantime he prescribed a stronger dosage of the same cream and another one to each be used twice a day. 

Next I went to the office and shortly after I got there, Ron left for his checkup with the same doctor.  Tomorrow I have a checkup with the heart doctor.  I think one reason we have several appointments falling close together is that we avoided having any around the time of the wedding.  Neither of us wanted to have spots on us that the doctor had frozen, when we went to the wedding.  Ron was gone a long time and I stayed busy while he was out, helping customers.

When Ron got back to the office, he waited while I ate my lunch and then ran a couple of errands.  He was gone a couple of hours and I had a few customers, but was getting very sleepy.  I was glad when he got back so I could put my head down on my desk and not be worried I might fall asleep - which I did for about 20 minutes.  Then it was time to pay some bills, make up a deposit, and take care of some other mail.

At the end of the day, I took a bank deposit, looked for the Green Parakeets (small parrots) but didn't find them, went by Mom's, picked up the prescriptions the doctor had sent in for me, and went to pay the utility bill.  It was almost dark when I finished at the utility company.  Close to their location is one of the few places near me where there are wide open areas where I can get good sunset photos.    So those are the ones scattered through tonight's blog.  The air was cool, clear, and crisp.  There were no clouds in most of the sky, but some off on the horizon.  The picture above this paragraph and the one below were both taken while I was in line at the utility office.  The others were a block away after I paid the bill.

There are days when I just don't want another strange thing to happen to me.  I have various things that occur that when I mention to doctors or friends, I get looks that seem to say, "Right."  "Sure."  Last night when I woke in the middle of the night about 3:00, I became aware that the music I hear was not there, but had been replaced by what I guessed to be an electronic sounds that pulsated.  I think I could get into conspiracy theories at this point.  I managed to get back to sleep and the music was back when I woke up again.  I had forgotten about it until this evening when the same thing happened.  If it continues, I guess I will do some research.  Maybe it is Morse Code.  Ha, ha!
Last week I forgot to mention that on Monday we did not get any mail.  When the mailman came the next day, I mentioned to him that no one brought or picked up mail.  He said I was right (duh...) and that he had been off and a substitute had covered the route and said he couldn't find any of the addresses on our side of the street.  Say, "What?"  Well, I guess the substitute told the boss those addresses didn't exist because a customer called to tell us the check they tried to send us had been returned as "No such address."  We have been in the same location for about 70+ years!  The number is right above the front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment