Saturday, November 15, 2014

November 14 & 15, 2014

Friday and Saturday in One Blog
Grandchildren Everywhere!
November 14 & 15, 2014

Friday at the office our oldest grandson spent half of the day with us.  He had a home school co-op activity in the morning - Chemistry!  We enjoyed chatting the afternoon away.  I was still busy on bookkeeping jobs and trying to find my desk.  The desktop keeps disappearing.  So much "stuff" gets piled there.

We did stay fairly busy at the office and my grandson and I got some cleaning done.  He put away the sandbags from the last heavy rain.  Today it has drizzled off and on.  I am so thankful to have grandchildren who want to spend time with us.  They are so precious.

After work we joined our friends for our regular Friday night supper together.  We had a good time visiting and catching up on news.  

Our son and his wife continue to house hunt closer to his new job.  He has been working 60 miles away since July and the commute is difficult.  They have looked at so many houses, but few are built for an active family of 9 (7 children).  The children spend a lot of time playing outside and they want room to do that at the new location.

Our daughter-in-law texted late yesterday afternoon to see if we could keep the children today while they looked at houses.  When she offered to pick up donuts, I said yes.  Not really, but an added bonus!    Five of them showed up this morning with their cousin. 

The oldest and youngest of the girls put the spaceship together that we used at the Rehearsal Dinner at the wedding last weekend.  We didn't get home with the instructions, but they managed to do a quick job of it.   
Then the two oldest girls put together the castle.  The kids all played more with the castle than the space ship, and had a good time adding more decorations and just playing.

Our youngest grandson and I spent time in the yard filling the ponds and bird feeders.  Since it has been cold, the birds are extra hungry.  Then he and I mixed up cookie dough which we baked after lunch.  The cookies were yummy!

The children were picked up about 5:00 and the two youngest had just finished their naps and the others mostly played with the Legos and blocks.  While they played with the blocks, I worked putting some wedding photos into a frame.  The middle girl did some sewing.

While their cousin was with them (he was picked up shortly after lunch) a lot of the time, he would follow me around talking a blue streak.  He would chatter and chatter.  There did come a point when I removed the Cochlear Sound Processor briefly.  He is a bright little boy, but does love to talk to adults.  Reminded me of a posting I read on Facebook this morning by a friend who said his little girl was in the backseat saying, "Blah, blah, blah."  He asked what all the "Blah, Blah, Blahs" were about.  She said, "I want to talk, and I don't have anything to say."

After the kids left, I went to the grocery store with more audio input than I wanted.  I was ready to come home and take the Sound Processor off for a while.  When I did get home, Ron was on the phone with our newly married son, so of course I wanted to hear what he had to say.  After that, I took the processor off.

It was a fun day, but I am tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment