Monday, October 26, 2015

October 25, 2015

Sunday and a Little Sunshine
October 25, 2015


I have mentioned before how the ivy around the large birdbath 
is taking over.  After all this rain it is bound to get worse.
In yesterday's blog I forgot to mention that the electrical power kept going off and on a lot during the late afternoon and early evening.  I was concerned that with Ron not here, I would have trouble getting up for church, but I actually managed to get up and make it to church on time.  I wonder who makes us late?

There were lots of small limbs to haul off


At Sunday School, we had a good group and a good substitute teacher since Ron was still in Corpus.  Since my brother-in-law is at Mom's, he brought her to church.  Beside the church building, a big tree was down from the winds and the saturated soil.  It was a very windy, misty morning with a cool north wind.  The winds continued until about 1:30.  After church I drove by the office to check on things before I came home and had lunch.  At the office, all was well.

Tree limbs everywhere! 
By 1:30, when the winds died down, I was ready to go work in the yard.  I spent an hour working picking up large and small branches and pulling weeds while the ground was well saturated.  I put things like that in a pile out back and Ron takes then to throw over the fence to the brush pile.  He has a very big pile waiting for his attention.

Weeds to be pulled 

An hour of work had me hot and thirsty so I took a 15 minute break before heading back out there for another hour of more branches and a lot of weed pulling.  The winds picked back up so I decided it was time to stop.  I was exhausted, I will admit, but I was glad to get it done.  While I was out there the second time, the sun peeked through the clouds for a bit.
After I got rid of the weed and in the background
 are the palm leaves I gathered in the front yard.
Back in the house, I made a couple of baking dishes of King Ranch Chicken; one for supper and one for the freezer.  Later I put one in the oven, timed to be ready when Ron got home.  My timing was just right and after he unloaded his car, we had a nice supper together.
My pile of limbs and weeds

Following supper and loading the dishwasher, I played "catch up" on my bloog for a while before going to bed a little early.  I had worked on taking paper off the backs of some of the quilt squares while I visted with our daughter-in-law for a while.
h
Progress on my quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment