Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 8, 2015

Uneventful Friday
 May 8, 2015

Friday was rather uneventful.  There were things that happened, but not any were unusual or unexpected.  We had a nice dinner with my mom, but we do that most Friday nights.  I overslept, but I do that a lot lately.  The afternoon at the office was busy; I guess that was unusual - Friday afternoons are usually very slow.

The day was frustrating.  I should know better than to try to deal with financial matters on Fridays and especially Friday afternoons.  Friday morning I took care of things at the house before going to the office.  The birds were hungry and there were a lot of them.

Once I got to the shop, I decided to attach the receipts to the Discover bill for last month.  There were two errors.  One purchase was placed at a Staples in Massachusetts, (and I have not been there in several years).  I did make a purchase at the local Staples that day, but the amounts don't match.  So I need to find out about that.  The other was that Ron got a refund from a place and has the receipt for it, but it is not on the statement.  The original bill is, but not the refund and they were only about an hour apart. Since I have to depend on Ron to make my phone calls, that always complicates things like this.

Then after lunch I worked on filing and clearing up little problems.  Late in the afternoon I started to balance the check book.  Bad idea at the end of a Friday.  Again, there were some little errors or unexplained transactions.  One is from the company that handles our credit card transactions at the office.  They of course charge us for that service that they provide.  But they took a small portion of that monthly charge, out of a deposit of transactions.  They did that once before.  The numbers work out right, but why in the world do they do it that way???  Example:  Say we owe them $100 for their percentage of the sales on which customers use credit cards.  Instead of withdrawing $100 from our account as the previous company did, this one this month took $17 out of one set of charges and then withdrew the remaining $83 from our account.  It adds up to the $100, but why do it that way?

By the time I left the office I did have a headache.  It eased during supper, but supper was also a frustration in some ways.  We went to Luby's and they had 2 of the 3 rooms closed, so that made the one that was open, very noisy which makes it hard for me to hear, and it turned out to also be very cold, which bothers Mom and Ron.  But we had a good visit and then I took Mom home before coming home and going to bed early for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment