Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

Muggy Monday Morning
May 4, 2015


One of the plants I got last week. 
 I love the detail of God's design of the flowers.  
Magnificent!

This morning I woke at 7:30 - the second time I woke up.  As I mentioned yesterday, I had a long nap, and I was correct - I could not get to sleep until about 2:30 this morning.  I woke up at 6:00, walked in the kitchen, thought about making Ron's coffee, but decided it was too early.  Went to sleep in the recliner and he woke me at 7:30.  Oh, well.

After he left for the office, I got my shower and to help my hair dry, I went out in the yard to fill bird feeders and found it to be a very muggy morning.  I think my hair may have been wetter when I came in than when I went out.  While in the yard I took a few photos.  The temperature was not too bad, but the humidity was intense.
My favorite of my Caladiums
I fixed my breakfast and my lunch and got to the office about 10:15.  I was not too busy today.  Ron was in for much of the day, but was out for a couple of hours.  I spent the day working on the books.  I got all the statements printed and ready for Ron to review.  Then I entered the checks in the computer and have everything ready for the accountant as soon as the bank statement arrives. 
This is one of the pieces of fabric I got in today's mail.
The pictures are of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds

Just before Ron left on his job and errands, a couple of packages arrived.  One was for me and was from our son and his wife in New Mexico.  His wife and I enjoy many of the same things and enjoy shopping for each other.  They sent me a bird puzzle, some fabric, a unique bird house, and some other things.  They are so thoughtful. 
 This is another piece of fabric I got.  
This is representative of the scenery in their corner or the world. 
While Ron was out, I did stay busy with customers.  The few Winter Texans still in town are having extra keys for their motor homes made or keys made to leave with neighbors here if they are living in a trailer here.  They are usually interesting people to visit with. 


 My one little Easter Lilly is about gone. 
 Something has sure been after the pollen in there!
Late in the afternoon, I left the office early to run errands.  I went to Sears to pay the Discover bill; went to the eye doctor's office to pick up an eye lid cleanser that really helps me; went to Sam's Club to get a new card and update the account; and went by Mom's to leave her newspapers.  She and Carmen had just gotten home.  They had been out of town for a few days, in Corpus.  My brother had picked them up Friday and brought them home today.  They had a good time.  All of the family loves and appreciates Carmen's care of Mom, and she got to meet more of the family in Corpus.
 Saturday I moved some of the Snap Dragons 
into the sun and they are doing better already.
Once I got home, I started doing laundry and then fixed my supper.  Ron worked late.  Naturally he came home about the time I finished my supper.  I baked an angel food cake and then spent the evening working on the quilt in progress.  Each row (there are 14) is now complete.  Next I start sewing row to row.  I have one pair done.  


I need to spend some time with my Cochlear sound processor and try to get the settings better.  I seem to be picking up a lot of little noises.  That is good, that I can hear little noises, but they are too loud and are distracting.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment