Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 9, 2015

A Very Nice Saturday
May 9, 2015


White-winged Dove

Today was a very nice day.  The only negative is that it was VERY windy and warm.  I was up about 6:00 so I could do my allergy shots before Ron left for the morning.  I continue to bruise myself with the shots - far more on one side than the other.  Ron left and I went out in the yard to take care of the feeders and ponds before it was even fully light out.

 Birds were chirping and letting me know that I should hurry up and finish and go in the house so they could have breakfast.  After they had food and water, I went in and fixed my breakfast and sat and ate it while I watched them.  It was very relaxing.  I had an appointment to get my hair cut at 10:00 and so I got ready for that after cleaning the dining room and kitchen.

The dishwasher was to be delivered at 11:00 and usually it only takes 20  minutes at the hairdresser.  Thankfully I had my book with me because although I was there at 10:00, she was not ready for me until 11:00 and it was 11:25 when she finished.  Ron had come home to be here for the dishwasher delivery in case I didn't get back in time.  I am so glad.

Since he was at home, after my haircut, I picked up Carmen to come work at my house.  On the way to the house I went to the bank to do some banking for Mom.  I dropped Carmen off at the grocery store to get some oranges for the birds and I went to the bank.  It took me longer than expected and Carmen was ready when I went back to get her.
Green Jay
We came home and she started cleaning and doing laundry and Ron and I talked about several things while the repairman installed the new dishwasher.  It took a long time, but he did a neat job, having rugs to put on the floor while he worked and a vacuum for cleaning up any mess when he finished.  He left things cleaner than he found them.

Once he was gone, I left for a little shopping.  I picked up lunch on the way back for Carmen and me (Ron said he wasn't hungry).   I got a shower and washed my hair and then sat down with a book and relaxed and watched the birds.  Ron suggested we go to Olive Garden for supper early and then go to Cracker Barrel to pick up our favorite candy treats.
Female Golden-fronted Woodpecker
with a mouth full of food to take to her babies.
When Carmen was finished, we took her to Mom's and left for Harlingen.  Even arriving early (5:15) for supper, there was a waiting line at Olive Garden, but we said we would wait.  In a few minutes, she asked if we would like to eat in their little cafe area and we did.  It was so much quieter in there.  Even the waiter said the rest of the place was very noisy.  So we enjoyed the evening with a quiet setting and an excellent waiter.  After our stop at Cracker Barrel, I returned a call to our son in San Antonio that had come about the time we got our table.  While he and I chatted most of the way home, Ron drove me by a place he had gone to give an estimate last week - a very nice building in Harlingen.

It was good to have a nice long pre-Mother's Day chat with our son in San Antonio.  He was alone since his wife was on a trip with some students from her school for a national competition in Los Angeles.  The kids were not home for the weekend and it was quiet at his house.
Male Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Back at home, Ron went to sleep soon and I worked on blogs.  It was a good day.  I look forward to what God will do tomorrow in the service at church and in the lives of our church members.  To all of my friends who are mothers, may you have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow.
Me with Mom on Mother's Day weekend 3 years ago.  
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment