Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17, 2015

Spring Musical at Church
and Family Fun at Lunch
May 17, 2015

Adult Choir - First Baptist Church, Brownsville, Texas
This morning was a day for allergy shots so we were up early.  Our Sunday School class was very good.  We had three visitors and most of the regular attenders.  The worship service today was the Spring worship musical by the adult choir. The looked great and I am sure they sounded great, but I could not discern the melodies on the songs.  Only one, I think, was a song that I knew.  It is so frustrating for me that the Cochlear Implant is not able to properly transmit music.  I do miss that, but I do rejoice that I can hear conversations.

Four of the grandchildren were in the service; two sitting with me and one with their parents behind me, and one helping on the sound board.  My sister, her husband, and Mom sat with us.  I do love attending church with family members.  Ron is most often in the church foyer during the services, so I am glad to have other family members to sit with.

Back to the musical, the title was 3:16 The Numbers of Hope.  If you don't know those numbers I would like to share with you that they refer to a scripture passage in the Bible that is often the one most memorized by those who love God's Word, the Holy Bible.  John 3:16  in the King James Version of the Bible says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  What that means is that God loved the world (all of the people in the world) so much, that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins on the cross.  All we have to do is believe that His death on that cross paid for those sins I have committed, and that each individual has committed, confess our sins, and turn our lives over to Him.  In return we receive everlasting life.   When we die we will go to Heaven to live eternally with the Lord God.  But it is not just about the life in Heaven after death, it is about the rest of our lives here on earth.  He will lead, guide, comfort, and help us every day in amazing ways.

After the service, all of our family that was present went to Wendy's for lunch.  We had a great time chatting for at least a couple of hours.  The children are always entertaining and delightful.  My sister from the Ft. Worth area was glad to be here with husband as stormy days continue in their part of the state.
My sister and our daughter-in-law at lunch

After lunch we came home and again, that Sunday Afternoon Sleep Bug bit me and I snoozed the afternoon away.  Ron spent time working in the yard and installed a new pump so we can water our yard now that we aren't getting much rain in our part of the state.  He also cleaned one of the ponds and did an assortment of other chores in the yard.

Once I woke up, I finished piecing the quilt top I am working on for a friend.  I am considering adding two rows to make it longer, so I may not be finished with it after all.  I followed the pattern, but I think two more rows would be a good idea, so back to the cutting board I go.  Actually I may have enough of the print fabrics cut, but not of the background fabrics.
Current project

Then I spent a couple of hours continuing to organize my sewing room.  Sometimes I will buy a fabric with a specific project in mind.  Once in a while I will forget that it had an intended use and it will end up in a different project.  Also, with my granddaughters sewing often, I need to be sure none of those specific fabrics end up loose on the sewing table or they may go in one of their projects.  I have been buying storage boxes for individual projects and so tonight I was sorting some of those.

It has been a good weekend and we thank God for all He has done for us.  Hope you have had a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment