Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 21, 2015

Late to Bed; Early to Rise
Oh, It is: Early to Bed...
May 21, 2015


Bell for necklace my sister gave me today
Last night Mom and Janet left late.  Then I talked to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  Before going to sleep, I read for a while, finally going to sleep about 1:00 a.m.  That would have been OK except I had to be up at 5:00 for the allergy shots since I needed to open the office at 8:15.  All of that made for a long day today.

Ron is sometimes late opening the office and I complain about that.  Today, I was late opening and he didn't complain.  I guess I should follow his example; not his example of being late, but of not complaining.

My sister Janet came by the office and we had a nice long visit this morning.  We talked and talked.  I think we solved the world's problems with all of the talking we did, but maybe not.  At least not by the news tonight.  There are still problems in the world.  So maybe it wasn't world problems we discussed, but we had a good time talking about quilting, our kids, our grand kids, food, weather, and on and on.
 This came with the bell necklace
Janet brought me a lovely gift of a bell for a necklace.  The bell is shaped like a flower and has a hummingbird as a clapper and a tiny butterfly as the attaching apparatus to put it on a necklace.  She has excellent taste and it is lovely.  I will enjoy wearing it.  She was just leaving when Ron came in from his regular doctor's check up. 

The doctor said he is doing well and took him off one medication and increased another, so I think it was about an even trade off.  He was in and out the rest of the day and I spent time sewing during the afternoon, making seven more of the string pieced blocks. 
Today's seven blocks
It rained most of the afternoon, but it was a very light rain with dark clouds.  There was a lot of thunder and lightening.  Ron called me to come outside at one point to see if I could hear the thunder.  Once I recognized the sound, I was able to pick it out, but at first it was just a dull noise.  It was loud enough to set off my car alarm several times.

Today I learned something: be sure the photo chip is pushed all the way in the camera slot or you will not get some good photos that you thought you were getting.  Just saying...

Late in the afternoon I headed home and stopped to pay the utility bill.  By the time I unloaded the car, Ron arrived and we left to meet our friends for supper.  We had a good time, laughing and sharing. 

On the way home Ron and I went by Home Depot to buy a new faucet for the kitchen sink to replace the one that had been leaking.  Then we got a bag of ice and came home.  I was able to chat with our son in San Antonio this evening for a while on Facebook.  I always enjoy our chats.

No comments:

Post a Comment