Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 16, 2015

Picking Up Finished Quilts
May 16, 2015



The two quilts I made and took to have machine quilted.  
These are for the two youngest grandsons' bunk beds.

This morning with 5 little ones in the house, I woke just before 6:00 fortunately so I could turn off the alarm before it woke the 3 year old (the youngest of the five grandchildren spending the night with us).  I worked at the computer and the two little boys woke up at 7:00, the 3 yr. old at 7:30, and the two big girls at 8:30.  We made home made donuts.  They are actually called Do-Knots.  The oldest girl and I made them and all quickly disappeared.  Yumm...  The boys helped me fill pond and feeders in the yard as well as water the potted plants.

Then the middle girl started sewing and the above photo is a picture she made for me on the sewing machine.   She loves making this kind of scene by cutting out pictures from fabric scraps.  She gets better and better at it and her imagination is amazing. Note that the person riding the horse is singing or whistling a song.
A young female Golden-fronted Woodpecker
The children had fun playing where ever I was for the rest of the morning.  Their mom picked them up just after noon so they could get a quick lunch and then get ready to go to their piano recital.  The five oldest children are all in the recital.
A male Golden-fronted Woodpecker on the hummingbird feeder.
Ron took some bird photos, so he gets credit for all of today's bird photos.  I had left him at the house while I went to pick up Carmen so she could try to clean my house around all the toys the children had out.  After the children left, I drove to Harlingen in heavy winds and dusty skies, to pick up the finished quilts for the little boys.
Great Kiskadee
I got so tired on the way home.  Once I arrived home, I took Carmen back to Mom's house and rested for a while when I was back at our house.  I showered and washed my hair and then helped Ron as her tried to repair the faucet at the kitchen sink.
Great Kiskadee
My sister from north Texas and her husband flew in tonight and will both be here a bit.  My brother-in-law will have to go back in a few days but my sister will be here almost a week.  We all went out to supper and visited for a couple of hours.  It was good to see them.
White-winged Dove
Back at home, I did a few small chores, but that is all.  I did talk to our daughter-in-law in Albuquerque this evening.  Today's weather for them included: wind, thunder and lightening, rain, hail, and snow!  Crazy weather.  The wind here was so strong today that it was a challenge on the drive to and from Harlingen.

I did fine hearing at Jason's Deli this evening. 
The back of one of the quilts.
The back of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment