Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 5, 2015

A Day Off for Fun
May 5, 2015


Citrus trees are starting a new crop.
They should be ready shortly before Christmas.
Today my husband agreed that I could take the day off to spend with our daughter-in-law and several of the grandchildren.  I was up early to get my allergy shots and then spent time in the yard filling bird feeders, etc.  The chatter from the birds is very loud these days; I guess they have migrating re-enforcements. 

Next I worked in the kitchen and baked Oatmeal Cookies to take with us today on our outing.  I got ready to go and drove to our son's home.  The children were doing school work and some were having a late breakfast.  We left a little before 11:00 to drive up the valley to the area where they have been house hunting.  Our daughter-in-law can tell you about many of the houses on the market in that area since she has toured over 40 of them seeking the right one for them. 
My guess on this bird and the one in the photo below 
(the same bird) is a female Blue Grosbeak.
In all of her trips up there, I have not once accompanied her, but have watched the children a few times.  Today we had a good time looking at one and then having lunch at Pizza Hut.  Four of the children went with us.  I don't have house photos to share, but as you might expect, I have a couple of bird photos and another one or two.
We ran into a very light rain shower on the way up and another on the way back.  We made a stop in Harlingen at the quilt shop so I could talk to the quilter and let her know what I wanted here to do on the quilts.  That worked out and the big girls looked around while I talked to the quilter.  They found a quilt with horses on it that they both liked. 

After we got back to town I went by my mom's house to check on her.  She had not been feeling well but said she was better.  Once I got home, I spent some time in the yard and then fixed my supper since Ron was eating with his mother.  I sewed a little, but am tired so I don't think I will do any more tonight.
Wild Olive tree and sunflowers.  What more does one want?  Ron would be happy with sunflowers.  Our daughter-in-law drove me by the city hall where our son works.  It was a good trip.

Hearing in an empty house is more of a challenge than I would have thought.  Everything echos and I really had trouble.  Everyone sounded like they were mumbling. 

1 comment:

  1. Have Jeff and Barb found a house that they like and will work for them? Been praying for them.

    ReplyDelete