Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 7, 2015

Today's Breakfast Bunch
May 7, 2015


Red-lored Parrot
As I got ready to start this blog, I realized I had dated invoices May 8th all day.  Oh, my.  I couldn't understand why I didn't have a blog for the 7th and then it dawned on me that today was the 7th.  I think I need a nap.

It was allergy shot day and so we were both up just after 6:00.  Of  course after the shots, Ron went back to bed and slept another hour, and I went out side and worked in the yard filling the feeders and ponds.  I trimmed a hedge that is about to block my access to the backyard.  As I came in, Ron was about ready to leave for work and so after he left, I got my breakfast and came to the computer to eat while I checked my emails and Facebook.

The computer is in the sewing room and so I turned to watch the birds for a few minutes and saw a bright yellow/orange bird land on the hummingbird feeder holder.  I grabbed the camera and started taking photos and soon saw that the bird was an oriole - probably a female Baltimore Oriole.  Then I spotted the male.  I was taking photos of them and of the Golden-fronted Woodpecker.  They were all taking turns on the citrus fruit I had put out this morning.  Then I spotted our special guest for the Breakfast Bunch.  It was the Red-lored Parrot that is at the top of the page.  He is beautiful and large. 

What a day brightener this beautiful parrot was.  I took a couple of photos of him before he spotted me.  The following photo is when he saw me.  From then on, he kept an eye on me, but stayed for a few minutes.  He was in the tree, but eventually moved to the open feeder that the doves love.  It was so funny because as he ate at the feeder, the tree filled with doves that seemed to be looking at "their feeder" wondering what that big green blob on their feeder was.
He spotted me!
All of the migrating birds were a treat to see, but the parrot is at the top of my list today.  I had the Baltimore Orioles, Red-winged Blackbirds, Mourning Doves, White-winged Doves, Mallards, Muscovy Ducks, Sparrows, Tufted Tit-mice, and male and female Golden-fronted Woodpeckers.  I don't remember what I ate.  I just loved watching the birds.
Female Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Before long I needed to head to the office.  I sure hated to leave my viewing spot.  At the office, it was a little bit of a slow day, but Ron had a big sale shortly after I got there, so that was good.  I worked on clearing some things that were stacking up on my desk - some needed to be filed and some needed to be shredded. 
Immature Baltimore Oriole
After lunch, I went by Mom's house to see how she was feeling.  She is still under the weather and I offered to run any errands for her, but she didn't have any.  She looks good but feels yucky.  I visited a bit before returning to the office.  Ron left to go on a couple of jobs and was gone much of the rest of the afternoon.  I finally started sewing and got four more of the string-pieced blocks made, bringing my total to 34.  Progress!
Male Baltimore Oriole
As the afternoon went on I was enjoying working on the quilt blocks and Ron came in and said it was time to go.  I am usually the one trying to get him out the door.  I was enjoying myself.  We came home and left one car here and went to meet our friends for supper at the Mexican food place.  We had a good time catching up and it was a very good evening.

Ron went to sleep shortly after we got home, and I read for a while.  I enjoyed the day and I know that part of the reason was The Breakfast Bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment