Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

A Short Day for a Change
May 11, 2015



This morning we were up early so I could do my allergy shots.  After that, I went out in the yard and took care of the things out there that needed attention:  bird feeders, bird baths, hanging baskets, and fruit for the woodpeckers.

I returned to the house and finished the blog from yesterday.  Last night I was just too tired to keep my eyes open.  When Ron left, I got my shower and ran my new dishwasher.  Then I suddenly had a very bad headache.  I sat in the recliner to read and after a few minutes sent Ron a text asking if it would be a problem for me to wait until noon to come to the office.  He said that was fine.

Just before noon I woke from a nap and got ready to go to the office.  The headache was gone and I was fine.  I stopped and picked up lunch for us and of course as soon as I walked in with food, customers started coming in, keeping Ron from eating.  That seems to always happen that way.

The afternoon was spent solving the problems I found Friday and getting things ready to send to the accountant.  I still need to gather a couple of things, but should get it out in tomorrow's mail.  There was a steady stream of customers during the afternoon.  Ron was out for a while on a couple of jobs.

After work I went by Mom's and took her to the grocery store and to talk to her pharmacist.  She had several questions for him.  We both did some shopping and then I took her home and unloaded her groceries as it started to rain.  The rain had stopped by the time I got home, but may be back later tonight.

My hearing at the office is rarely a problem except as I have mentioned before when the customer is speaking another language.  There was a lot of that today.  At the grocery store, it was a different story.  I have so much trouble hearing with all the noise that surrounds me in a place like that.  I may be able to get almost all of a sentence, but miss one word or maybe two.  Then it is "fill in the blank" time.  I had a couple of rounds of that at the store, but managed. 

The evening was quiet and relaxing.  It was almost 10:00 before I had supper.  Oh, I had a Mother's Day card from our son in San Antonio.  It came to the shop and since we were closed Saturday, they had to hold it for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment