Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 21, 2015

Delayed Blog Entry
April 21, 2015


Mourning Dove
It is nice when the birds will pose in a good setting.
When I sat down at the computer last night to write my blog, I found that my husband was running a scan on the computer and it was going to be a couple of hours before it was ready for me to use.  I went to bed!  Now, at the office, while he is out on a list of jobs, I think I have time to get yesterday's entry written.

 Mourning Dove, with White-winged Dove to the right side
We got up at 6:00 so I could do my allergy shots and I spent time working on the backings for the two quilt tops I want to have quilted.  I cut some of the fabric, but have not finished.  I have all the decisions made on one of the backings, but not on the second one.  Don't know why I am having so much trouble making the decisions.
 White-winged Dove
During the morning, I was at the house waiting for the repairman to come fix my dishwasher.  Water was not coming into the dishwasher and so even though it went through the cycles, nothing was happening.  I had also been asking him to get me a price on new racks for the unit.  The company had said we would be the first job in the morning.  He arrived at 10:30 after Ron called to see where they were. 
 Watched dove watching me!
While waiting, I was bird watching and saw a Ruby-throated hummingbird and a Rose-breasted Grosbeak.  Of course they were not interested in waiting for me to get my camera.  These are just migrating through the area and I would love to be at home all week to watch for these and other birds that stop by for a snack before heading north.
Mourning Dove
After investigating the situation with the dishwasher, and making several phone calls, the repair price and the price for new racks totaled as much as a new unit, so guess what I am going to do.  After he left, I went to the office and Ron left on some errands for his mother.  When he got back, I had lunch before he left on some jobs.
Nasturtium
I spent the day sorting out things I had missed the previous day while I was at the house while we had no air conditioning.  By late in the day I had a couple of deposits ready to take to the bank.  I had waited on customers during the afternoon and did a little cleaning.  At closing time, I went to the bank and made the deposits and  got some change.  I returned to the shop and left the change and then went by my mom's house to see how she was doing and to see if she wanted to go with me while I looked at dishwashers.
Periwinkle (Vinca)
When I asked Mom, she said yes before I finished my question.  She is really suffering from cabin fever not being able to drive.  While she got ready, I took some photos of her flowers.  She walked around the store, getting exercise while I waited and waited for a salesperson at the store.  The unit I had thought I wanted, after doing research on line, turned out not to be what I wanted after I looked at it.  I decided on the next model up.  I texted Ron to see if he would come meet me but he was just headed to his mom's for supper.
Ron's mom's Easter Lilies are starting to bloom and are beautiful!
I took my mom home after stopping to let her pick up supper for herself and Carmen.  Once I had taken her home, I went by Ron's mom's house.  Just opening the car door brought the sweet smell of the Easter Lilies.  I felt like I had walked into a florist shop.  Prior to going in, I took some pictures of her flowers before it got dark.  Ron and his mom were just finishing their supper and I stayed to visit with his mom for about 30 minutes before heading home to have my supper (at 8:30). 
The plant looks like a Cosmos, but am not sure if I am correct.
It was a long day.  I had trouble hearing the salesperson in the appliance department and she was less than helpful.  I had finally said, "This isn't your department is it?"  She said no, but her department was next to it.  The unit I finally had decided on was one she said she had never seen before.  That unit and the one I originally thought I wanted had a feature I really liked and I asked about it and she had no idea about it - had never known they had that feature.  Frustrating.  I am SO glad I did research before I had gone to the store.  Appliances must be one of the biggest income departments at this place and yet it was un-staffed for a long period and then they sent someone who did not know their products after my mom went to ask that they send someone to help me. 
Larkspur 
 Sorry the picture is not great but it was almost dark.  I will try again soon in some sunshine (if we get some).  I look forward to have some sunshine on her Easter Lilies for photos.

2 comments:

  1. All of your photos are great, Linda! I really enjoy them. And thanks for the outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could go and get in some walking while I got in some waiting.

      Delete