Friday, April 3, 2015

April 2, 2015

A Good Thursday,
 Before Good Friday
April 2, 2015



This was a good day.  There was nothing really spectacular; it was just a good day.  At the office we had some busy spells and some slow ones.  Ron was out on a couple of jobs.  I finished up the monthly report and it was a good month (March).  We have had some bad ones recently, but God has obviously never let us go hungry.  He has provided every need and we know He will continue to do so.  I still need to wait for the bank statement to finish gathering things for the accountant, but everything else is done; my desk is clearer than it has been in weeks, and Easter is coming!

Recently I heard of someone saying we should not use the term Easter because it is not in the Bible.  Instead we should say Resurrection Day.  I really don't care what you call it as long as you use it to celebrate the fact that Christ gave His life on the cross for our sins, died, was buried, and on the third day rose again.  He paid for MY sins on that cross.  I wish I could live a sinless life, but I CAN live a forgiven life.  I mess up more often than I want to think about, but Christ loves me and I accepted that gift of Eternal life that He purchased for me on the cross.  Each of us must make that decision for our self.  If we deny that Christ is the Son of God and that He paid for our sins and we are not willing to make Him Lord of our lives, that gift of eternal life will not be available.  He is offering us that FREE gift, but we must accept it by making Christ Lord of our life.

Over the years, our Easter Sunday has been celebrated in different ways.  Sometimes, especially when I was growing up, we went to Easter sunrise services.  I love those.  Sometimes they were at the beach where we had a clear view of the sunrise.  We had egg hunts, and they are a fun part of the family time at Easter, but they are not the most important thing.  We will be going to a picnic and egg hunt late in the day Sunday at the home of our daughter-in-law's mom.  She does it every year.

The thing that keeps coming to my mind the last few days is gathering together at church on Easter Sunday, and in response to the Pastor's declaration, "He is risen!" as a congregation we will respond, "He is risen indeed!"  I love that.  I love hearing the chorus of voices, young and old, from many parts of the world, all echoing together, "He is risen indeed!"  Yes, it is Resurrection Day, but don't get hung up on the word, but rather get into THE WORD, God's Word.

In the afternoon, I took Mom to an appointment with her lung doctor.  He was pleased with her lung health.  Her oxygen level was 100% when we got there and after 6 minutes of brisk walking it was 98%.  He did not have the results back from blood work he ordered, but will let her know the results.  Her back was hurting her a lot yesterday and so after the appointment, I took her home instead of grocery shopping as we had talked  about.  I do have trouble hearing her doctor - maybe it is understanding him that is the problem.  He has an accent and talks fast, but she seems to do alright with understanding him, which amazes me.

I returned to the office and worked on clearing my desk.  I cleaned two drawers in my desk and that was helpful.  I left the office about an hour early to take a book by Mom's house.  Then I went to the mall to pay a bill and stopped at the drug store for milk and bread on my way home.  Ron met me at the house and we went to join our friends at the Mexican food restaurant where we have been eating recently.  It was a very nice evening.  The food was good and the friendship is priceless.

We didn't stay too long.  Our friends are having a garage sale this weekend and so they had things to do.  At home I read and looked through some fabric for the border on the next quilt top to be put together.

As I said, it was a good day!  I hope your weekend is wonderful.  Almost forgot!  I saw a yellow warbler on the waterfall just before dark.  The picture is terrible, but I will include it anyway.  I hope he is just the first of a migrating group of colorful birds. 



2 comments:

  1. Love the flower pictures! Pray for traveling grace. Lynn and I are going to Clarendon this afternoon to attend a funeral tomorrow for the father of one of his buddies. Dean is one of the boys who hung out at our house all the time because of the home situation. We will come back Sunday. Not a good way to spend Easter but need to be there to support Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the reason for your trip, but glad you are able to make it. Praying for your safety and for Dean and his family.

      Delete