Friday, April 3, 2015

April 3, 2015

A Quiet, Peaceful Good Friday
April 3, 2015


Great Kiskadee
Today I was up early to do my allergy shots before Ron left for the morning.  We had closed the office for the day.  I spent time doing some cleaning, reading, and generally relaxing before I started sewing.  I did spend most of the morning in the sewing room and had the curtains open to watch the birds.  There was a nice variety of birds today. 
Male Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Last night I had laid out a new quilt on the design wall.  It is just a quick, easy one for Easter.  I got all the pieces on the design wall last night, and this morning around 11:30 started sewing.  I just took a couple of hours to get it pieced.  I still need to do the border and have not decided for sure on the border fabric.
Female Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Lunch was a chicken sandwich.  I had some chicken breasts in the freezer and cooked them.  Yummy.  I will probably make chicken salad out of the rest of the chicken tomorrow.

White-winged Dove
Ron stopped by briefly but left again to go to his mom's house to check on the work being done by the plumber to replace her hot water heater.  It had been leaking for a while and required a lot of work.  Thankfully it was in an outside storeroom so nothing in the house was damaged.
Mourning Dove pair
Off and on, I stopped my sewing to take photos of the birds.  Today I spotted the Great Kiskadee, both male and female Golden Fronted Woodpeckers, a Green Jay that would not stick around for a photo, sparrows, two types of ducks, three kinds of doves, Red winged Blackbirds, Grackles, and a couple of hummingbirds.

Red-winged Blackbird
This evening we went to Jason's Deli with Mom for supper.  Ron met us there after being at his mom's all afternoon.  I had trouble hearing tonight even though it was not very crowded.  There seemed to be a lot of background noise.
Ice Plant
Mom and I did our grocery shopping after we ate and it was almost 10:00 p.m. when I got home.  It was a productive day and a relaxing one.  I had better not stay up too late.  The three youngest grandchildren are coming to spend the day tomorrow.  What fun we will have!
Cajan Hibiscus (I think)


No comments:

Post a Comment