Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 7, 2015

My Mother-in-law's Flowers
April 7, 2015


Marigold bloom

This morning Ron got me up early so I could get my allergy shots out of the way.  I made his coffee and then did the shots.  I think maybe I didn't bruise today.  That would be nice, although the bruises don't hurt.  I worked in the kitchen a bit and read for a while before going to the office. 
Easter Lily buds
Ron had taken my car in so that it could be picked up for some work.  This car did not have a remote to lock and unlock the doors and I think he decided I needed some help since I very often have my hands full when I head to the car.  By early afternoon the man had returned the car.  He is a very efficient alarm installer and a kind man.  He and I agreed the way Ron told him to set it up might not work the best for me so he said if I could convince Ron to do it my way to just bring it back and he would fix it.
Amaryllis blooms
Some of my day was spent entering last month's checks into the computer and then when the bank statement arrived just about the time I ate lunch, I was quickly able to reconcile it and prepare all the things to send to our accountant.  I know he is busy with tax preparation for clients, so he in not in a big hurry to get it.  I just need one figure before the 20th; the rest can wait.
Most of Ron's mom's bluebonnets are going to seed, but a few are still blooming
I paid some bills and wrote a couple of notes.  I prepared a deposit and went to the bank to take it and get change.  I did have to wait a bit and was thankful for my Kindle.  That does come in handy!  By the time I got back it was past closing time. 
Amaryllis buds
Once we locked up, Ron went to pick up prescriptions and supper for his Mom and I went to check on my mom.  Mom seemed to be doing well.  She had her yardman do a lot of work in her back yard yesterday and it is amazing.  One corner looks a little bare, but will look lovely with some hibiscus plants or some blooming shrub back there along the fence.
Aloe Vera blooms
When I left my mom's I picked up my supper and joined Ron and his mom for supper.  He had just gotten there a few minutes ahead of me.  After I ate and visited, I took photos of some of the blooming and soon to be blooming plants in her yard.  The flowers throughout this blog are from her yard.  Her care giver had taken her to walk in the yard yesterday and see the beautiful blooms.
Cluster of Easter Lily buds (and a Lady Bug)
Ron's mom has some of the most amazing Easter lilies!  They are so tall (about 4 feet tall) and on one stalk I counted 10 or 11 buds.  It is in the middle of a large bed so I didn't get too close.  It is the cluster of buds in the photo at the top of this paragraph.  There were lots of Lady Bugs throughout her garden.
Mixed flower bed of amaryllis and Easter Lilies
One of my customers today was a very interesting older gentleman.  He is a winter Texan and has come here for several years from Arizona.  He has a very interesting past and I really enjoyed talking to him and listening to him.  As I have said before, this is something I really missed even before I went deaf - just chatting with a customer.  I had tried not to engage in conversations, since I knew I would hear little of what was said.  It probably took 30 minutes to get all his key needs worked out, but we had a good time talking while he kept buying. 
Amaryllis
During the morning a friend came to get a key cut and to visit.  She and one of her sisters had come to visit on a day we had been closed and I am sorry to have missed her sister, but it was good to see this lady today.  There are some women who just get more beautiful as they age and she is one of them.  Retirement agrees with her.
Large cluster of Easter Lily buds
The evening was short since it was after 7:30 before I got home.  I read some, worked on a few minor chores, and did a little cleaning in my car.  I know I will enjoy having the alarm and remote.  I hope I don't set it off too often.  It is loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment